Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I need help with setup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Alright so i want to get in to using Virtual dj pro with tcvs but I want to make sure that I will have a proper set up
I will have:
2x Numark ttx
1x DXM06 Mixer
1x Most likely a sound card with two inputs and two outputs
2x TCV

I have not purchased any of these items but if i get positive feed back I would love to by virtual dj pro.
Will I have to use any Y cables because I just want a simple set up and I have searched all over this website but people say they're in this situation but make it so unclear on what they are asking. So I just need information or feed back if this set up is correct or if im doing something completely wrong.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 6:15 am
Solid choice of turntable. There may be better recommendations on the sound card, don't know. Looks like a good mixer to start with, although personally I can't stand mixers that have the EQs in a horizontal arrangement.

The only difference in your picture is that the TTs get plugged into the sound card to control VDJ, and the the sound card outputs the music to the mixer inputs.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 4:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Strongly recommend the Maya44 USB soundcard or better yet since you are looking at Numark TTs and Mixer - BUY the Numark Virtual Vinyl kit.
You get the
Virtual Vinyl Sound Card (designed for the software)
2 Timecode Vinyls & 2 Timecode CDs
Numark Virtual Vinyl/CUE software (Numark branded software from Atomix VirtualDJ)

That's the direction I would go.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 4:49 pm
Alright i was considering the maya 44, But if the tt goes into the sound card, do you need Y cables and a converter to insert into a stereo sound card.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 12:54 am
Take a look at this...

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 3:06 am
am i correct in thinking that the only reason to use the Y spliter is to run a standerd lp through the mixerso you wouldnt have to pull the cables out of the sound card and into the pack of the mixer everytime you wanted to play a reguar record. just asking for my own knowlage and thats half the battle

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 4:26 am
Yes that is the only reason - a bypass for playing standard vinyl. I will say that if you don't ever plan on using regular vinyl then you will have must better signal without the Y-splitter in there. Go straight to the soundcard's INPUTs

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 4:34 am
Well if its tables straight to the sound card with the dxm06 would you connect the sound card to the line/Aux.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 4:48 am
yes - if you are trying to achieve what is diagramed above - you would use a Y-splitter on the leads from the TT - one set would go to PHONO and the other would go to the sound card / per TT -- now from each pair of OUTs on the sound card your would go to the LINE IN side of each channel on the mixer.

When playing normal vinyl on a channel - flip the switch to PHONO
When using the Timecode vinyl to control VirtualDJ - flip the switch to LINE - now what comes from VirtualDJ goes through that channel.

hope I explained it well?

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 6:10 am
Alright that makes sense...but im trying to look locally for a card and I cant mind maya 44 but I did dind the ads tech from staples- it has two inputs and two out puts meaning i would need to cards. Would that card work or should i buy it and test it with asio for all

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 6:49 am
VxtLeeHome userMember since 2007
looking at the set up guide pic that cstoll has posted, i need a pair of phono y-splitters. Where on earth do you find 1 female to 2 female splitters??? most only sell 1 male to 2 female and i dont really want to mess about with EXTRA convertors (more and more joins/breaks potential faults)

ive tried the usual Ebay,Maplins etc etc, or do you just get them made up? Being lazy it'd be great to just buy them off the shelf IF i could find them!

Lee.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 12:10 pm
djjaggy and VxtLee -- where are you from? Might be able to post some links to help.

And DJ Jaggy - STRONGLY recommend the Numark Virtual Vinyl in your situation. You not only need the sound card but you need the software. And you are planning on doing Timecode work. Why not get the tested solution??

Don't go buying an OK card then go crack - the money you spend on the card should go towards a legit tested environment.

Just my humble opinion.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 12:45 pm
Hi mate, im in England (London)

ive had a bit of a look around the net but dont seem to be able to find the female to female at all. Looks like ive either got to go for another pair of connectors or maybe cho the ends off and replce them with females.

any links you have would be good thanks.

lee.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 8:12 pm
Hey man I live in Canada- Alberta- *Calgary*

For me wires are no problem its just ive been all over calgary and have not found one decent soundcard or even Virtual Vinyl

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 8:15 pm
VxtLee try Maplin Electronics. They're not the cheapest place but they stock just about everything and can order it in for you if they don't have it.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 8:23 pm
I asked a couple of people from the forum to chime in on this thread for both you guys. They are from your areas and might be able to give you some good suggestions on where. Andrew thanks for chiming in on one for VxtLee.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 8:58 pm
Hey Jaggy.

I'm in Edmonton and Numark Virtual Vinal is in stock at axe music here.

Should be in the Calgary location as well.

www.axemusic.com

Numark Cue/Virtual Vinal is IDENTICAL to VDJ only re-skinned for branding purposes.

Virtual Vinal has everything you need for your setup - vinals, cd's, and most important a 4in, 4out soundcard.

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?P_ID=15622&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=virtual,vinal&numPageStartPosition=21&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all

Price is $754.11 CAD.

You should be able to negotiate that down a 100 bucks if your any good at haggling. I bought my DMC2 from these guys and got 150 off after giving the saleman a hard time and pointing out the almost parity in the US/CAN dollars. (5-6 cents difference now)

You get everything that VDJ users get , downloads, updates, etc.

GO GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I ORDER YOU!!!!!!!!!

LOL;P

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 9:09 pm
appreciate the help guys, thanks.

i trawled through Maplins website (but predictably its rubbish) so i'll venture into my local shop tomorrow and see what they can come up with. I would've thought they would do them but it's just one of those things you think is readily available but isnt it seems. Its no big deal if i have to use a gender changer on eachof the splitters i'd just prefer not to tbh.

anyways, cheers for your help. I'll report back and let you know how it goes.

Lee.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 9:51 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for instant results , Maplins a good bet , so are

commet , curries , dixions , curries digital , pc world

for cheapest deals tho and i can aford to sit around a bit , i use the website www.nusystems.co.uk

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 9:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)