Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: M-Audio Conectiv + VDJ - perfect !

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all,

i`m new to the "family", just bought VDJ Prof. today and i`m very happy with it, works perfect with my M-Audio components. I tested a lot of DJ software before and i found out that VDJ is running great using TCV and i can run it on Windows Vista without any problems since a friend of my is using the Numark product (it`s 1:1 the same i think ?)

So if there`s anyone who thinks about buying the M-Audio interface: I can highly recommend it, easy install, great sound quality and i like the way of the audio routing and with VDJ + TCVs it´s getting even better :-)

Thx @ Atomix for such a great program, it made my decision to change to digital media a lot easier !

Edit: Is there any manual that explains what the difference between the "Smart / Absolute / ..." TCV setting is ? I checked the latest V4 manual but i can`t find anything about those drop down boxes.

//Ciacomix
Digitally Imported Radio (www.di.fm)

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 9:12 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Ciacomix,
we are happy that you'fe found this proggie as the best DJ software ;) Yes, it's the same as Cue, just changes the brand name and skin!

For explaining the difference between modes, you can watch this review of Numark Virtual Vinyl, there's all the information you need:

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 12:55 pm

Good to see Digitally Imported Radio using VDJ too ;)

Amazing numbers of listeners you got ;)

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 5:36 pm
Thanks, i ll check out this rewview, however i got it work work as it should (i think) ;)

About my change to digital media: I travelled the world a few times and i always got my big recordcase with me, stupid questions at the airport e.g., really annoying.
In fact i don`t need most of the VDJ features, i just searched for a away to have less baggage but i don`t want to miss the "vinyl feeling" :-)

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 7:37 pm

the reson for why most djs go digital ;) less luggage ..hehe

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 8:16 pm
Lol yes, but seriously, since i spin Trance there are not so many "tricks" i need to do and for effects i`m using my DJM 500, echo & flanger is enough for me ;)

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 9:13 pm
M-Audio Connectivis good to hook it up to a pioneer cdj 1000 or the 800s or a denon dj cd player. If you are using Time coded vinyls it is not good for that. I have a dell laptop inspiron 6000 centrino 2.0 ghz and 1 gig of ram and a x300 video card. The computer picks up the time code signal but it is very hard to adjust the time code quality. The better sound card for Virtual dj is numark virtual vinyl. For cd players use M-Audio connectiv, for vinyl use Numark virtual vinyl. I spent a week trying to configure the m audio to read vinyls but it was a headache. I hooked it up to another laptop at a friends house with his turntables and still the same problem. We hooked up the M-auduio software and the M-aduio vinyl and there is no problem with the time code vinyl. I did this to make sure that the m-audio connectiv was working. The connectiv is not fully compatable with the Virtual dj time codes. What i find ridiculuos is that virtual Dj doesnt have there own sound card. Numark virtual vinyl and its own interface, Swerato and its own interface, final scratch and its own interface, Tractor and its own interface. Virtual Dj and Nothing......................... They have to get there act together. The sofware is good but picking out the right interface, you have to do some homework . Virtual dj staff if you are reading this. Make an interface and then everyone would be happing and then you can market it in store like serato or M-audio

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 9:33 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ciacomix wrote :
//Ciacomix
Digitally Imported Radio (www.di.fm)

Damn, I often tune into that radio channels'!!! B)

geposted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 9:48 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
CalienteNYC wrote :
The connectiv is not fully compatable with the Virtual dj time codes.

What was the problem, no 100% signal ?, Did you used virtual dj or numark vinyls ?
Did you tried to use the software phono preamps instead ? (card input to line)
Did you tried another card like Esi u46 ?

geposted Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 1:11 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@ciacomix, do you use the connectiv phono preamps or the software's preamps ?
What needles ?

geposted Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 1:18 am
I conected the virtual dj 4.2 to the laptop using the connectiv interface and i can play the vinyls but i cant get 100 percent time code quality. The needles donot have anything to do with it. I have both turntables hooked up to the connectiv and the ground of each tuntable is hooked up into the interface and on phone selection. when i switch everything to cd and switch over to line, it picks time code quality at 100 % perfect. I think its better to use the Numark virtual vinyl interface because they are compatable. M-audio is asio compatble but not fully compatable for the virtual dj time codes. M-audio works well with its own vinyl and reads instantly. I just sold my time coded vinyls because i got so fed up with them not reading. Before i sold them, i tested the vinyls at with other sets of of equipment that my friends have and still the same issue. Just because you can play the vinyls doesnt mean that they will work 100 %. If i let the vinyl play for a minute then decide to bring the needle back to the beggining, the mp3 file will just continue from where it left off and not return to the start.

geposted Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 9:00 am
In my conclussion, if i knew that i was going to go thru all this. I would have never bought the M-audio for the Time code vinyls. If Virtual vinyl sells its interface alone it would be cool. Virtual dj 300 bucks Plus time codes= 340 Now getting the virtual vinnly is another 499. All that money just to use virtual dj. I like to dj but but i am not a fool . We djs are the ones that buy the equipment and these companies are getting rich from us. If you are going to make something, sell it complete. If you noticed, alot of people are asking questions about what interface to get and what works best. When you go to the virtual vinyls forum, you dont see question like what interface to use. You only see that here..........If everyone in this site will bring up the same question about virtual dj making there own interface then we would all be happy. tell them to to stop selling something that is not complete. When you complete it then sell it and there would be less headaches and takeout the guess work of what sound card to use.

" When will virtual Dj make its own interface " If we all bring this up then maybe they will get the ball rolling and start to create the hardware.

geposted Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 9:23 am
>@ciacomix, do you use the connectiv phono preamps or the software's preamps ?
>What needles ?

--------

I`m running the Conectiv only, plugged my TTs in there, needles are Ortofon Concorde DJ E and VDJ TCVs of course.

I can`t confirm the "bad signal", i got 100%. Maybe you should try some different cinch cables.

geposted Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 9:30 am
nissnutPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi which version of vdj is included int the virtual vinyl package?

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:25 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is Numark Cue, the same as VDJ Pro.
Please stay on topic here.

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 12:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)