Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC3 - MAPPER (assignment) is this possible

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jpboggis... and all other mapper creators

Currently I use Numark Axis 9 CD decks with timecode cds.. with the help of jpboggis they work wonderfully for me.

I also own a dac3 prior the CD decks, which i used alongside the CD decks

I SPECIALIZE IN MUSIC VIDEO MIXING... which requires the use of transitions etc.
the dac3 offers, effects, video effects but not transitions.

I was just wondering.. and thought i would check you guys on this..... to still take advantage of those special things the dac3 can do. (especially that it is mappable)

1. IS IT POSSIBLE TO map the dac3 totally to just the effects.. and not as a player controller (removing the play cue loop function and instead do the following:) keeping the samples, and video effects as is

a. to select transitions types... for example
* 1. scratch.. then 2. strobe.. then 3. wipe etc. (with the ten cue loop buttons)
* auto transition change function for random transitions etc (not a must)

b. is it possible to map the dac3 so that the two sides offer completely different options.
* deck 1 - offers, transitions, effects samples, etc
* deck 2 - offers - equalizer functions, kill high, kill low, kill mid etc.

IS it possible .... to create such a mapper????

DAC3 would be great for such a thing.....if only i knew how... and could offer those who have put it aside a bit of use.

Could you mapper creators let me know if this is feasible... and should anyone take up the challenge let me know........... I am pretty sure..... other users... would be glad

geposted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 3:34 pm
You could use the PCDJ MIDI driver for the DAC-3 to map the buttons to suit your preferences. To do this, turn off the native support (Untick DAC-3 in the VDJ remote control options) and then install the MIDI driver. Then enable MIDI in VDJ and you can map the buttons similar to keyboard shortcuts using the MIDI mapper built into VDJ. However, when used as a MIDI controller, the LCD displays and LED's will not function (These need the native support.)

Alternatively, you could purchase a dedicated MIDI controller such as a small MIDI keyboard, trigger pad, etc. and map this to control effects, samples, etc. The X-Session UC-17 is worth a look - This has a MIDI enabled crossfader, lots of rotary knobs and 10 trigger buttons.

geposted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 7:09 pm
hey jpboggis...

i already have an X-Session - which i use for fader....I have assigned nearly all my knobs (main volume low, mid, high, headphone volume, deck volumes, deck gains , pitch for decks etc. for both sides plus i have the buttons assigned to kill bass and mid...... select deck, sync etc...)

I guess i have dont have enough buttons and knobs on the X-session

i have actually tried assigning transitions to x-session buttons... and found out that every four to five presses........ it would hang the program.

if i install the midi drivers for the dac3.. could both (and x-session_) be used be used at once?

if you take a look at my blog.. u notice my setup.... would be great.... to have both working

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/dreadlox/

geposted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 8:27 pm
where can i find the midi installation files for the dac3?????

geposted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 9:20 pm
You should be able to use more than 1 MIDI controller providing each is set to a different MIDI channel. I don't know whether the DAC-3 MIDI driver allows this (Atleast not without editing the XML file.)

dreadlox wrote :
i have actually tried assigning transitions to x-session buttons... and found out that every four to five presses........ it would hang the program.

This may be a bug - Please report it in the bug reports forum. Assigning shortcuts to MIDI should not cause a crash.

dreadlox wrote :
where can i find the midi installation files for the dac3?????

You can download the MIDI driver from the PCDJ site:

http://www.pcdj.com/support/drivers/DAC3_midi_cfg.zip

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 1:50 am
i really hope it will accept more than one midi controller
do not know much about editing XML

thanks for the download link mon....

will test and let you know the outcome... keeping my fingers crossed.... if it does.. then that would really be something

wish me luck mon

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 5:29 am
hey jp
after installing the midi yoke driver

i open the dac3 configuration..... and i see selection for midi yoke 1 etc.
however in the input output (USB Device) - it is shaded out

The dac3 is connected..... and has been picked up by windows

dont know how to go further

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 8:02 pm
From what I can remember (Haven't used it since before VDJ native support for DAC-3), the driver can get confused by other USB HID devices such as a USB mouse. If you have one of these connected, try disconnecting it first.

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 9:12 pm
does it take long to create a mapper

could the dac3 still be used enabled
but reprogrammed with a mapper and not be a controller.. just midi

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 4:10 am
It depends on your programming skills and how complex the mapper will be.

The DAC-3 can either be used natively (With or without a mapper plugin) or as a MIDI controller with the PCDJ MIDI driver installed.

MIDI will allow you to map buttons with no programming knowledge required, but the LED's and LCD displays will not function.

The plugin SDK allows you to create a mapper and define what the buttons do and how the displays behave, but this takes a lot of time and effort, and C++ programming skills are required.

I'm not sure whether you can use both native support and the MIDI driver at the same time, but if you can, you will obviously get a conflict (Pressing a button would activate both it's native and MIDI assigned actions.)

geposted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 6:47 pm
hey jp.. i have abandoned installing the dac3 as a midi controller
because it does not show any listing of the usb device to select.. (area is shaded out)

i have installed the yoke thingy ....then run the dac 3 configuration... options shaded out......
and i cannot proceed past this point

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 10:41 am
The MIDI drivers are probably getting confused by other USB devices installed on your computer. When I used to use it, my USB mouse would cause this problem.

You should be able to use the mapper and just ignore the playback functions. Alternatively, sell the DAC-3 and buy a MIDI controller with more assignable knobs, buttons, sliders, etc.

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 7:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)