Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HELP NEEDED!!! w/ geforce 8600gt m

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, I'm having an issue with the Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT.

Here are my computer specs:

Macbook Pro (santa rosa) 2.4 w/ 2 gb of ram
I'm running win xp with bootcamp.

The video in vdj is constantly freezing. I've found that the freezing is because of turbocache. Some people in the pc version forum are turning turbocache off using rivatuner and the program is working perfectly. The problem is that the latest driver that rivatuner will work with is 93.71 and my driver is 103 something. I can't rollback my driver on the windows side of bootcamp because bootcamp uses my mac drivers.

Here are my questions:

Is there anyway to roll back my driver on the mac side using a modded inf?
If not is there another way to turn off turbocache?

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 1:04 am

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:31 am

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:42 am
thanks for the link but rivatuner won't work with my card.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:42 am
This is definitely something that I'm gonna have to leave to the dev team.

Although I fully understand your issue, I have NO idea how to solve it unless a version of Riva Tuner is released that supports newer and/or Mac drivers.

I assume you are, but I'll ask anyway: Are you using the latest version of Riva Tuner, v. 2.02, that was released earlier this month on July 2nd? http://www.majorgeeks.com/Riva_Tuner_d737.html

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:15 pm
He re-emerges. My bro Charlie Five told me you are one of the mac wizards.

Yeah I tried Riva Tuner 2.02. First I tried with the driver that mac provides with bootcamp 101.34 (I think) Once I tried that, I unistalled it and tried about five other drivers that would work with my card and xp. Found them on laptop2go. Replaced the inf file to.

Here is a link that you may want to glance at just so you know I tried everything.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/70265/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Video_Freezing_On_NVidia_Turbocache_Cards___FIX__.html

I may return this mac and just get the bomb PC for now unless there will be a fix for this soon.

Thanx

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:04 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)