Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Autosave not working!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi All,

Please can you help, I have read through various posts and followed the advice given to other users of VDJ 4.3 and for some unknown reason my auto playlist feature just seems to have stopped working.

I am running Vista, I have checked the registry value and the autosave value was at '0' changed that to '1'

Next I removed the playlist folder in my left handside browser window, then recreated and set as favorite.

I have shut down the program after test playing a few tracks through VDJ and even rebooted and still getting no where!

Please Please help, this problem is driving me nutts! Has anyone got any new advice they may help.

Thanks
Lee

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 5:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
make a keyboard shortcut with the value save database that should do the trick :)

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 6:57 pm
Sorry, I dont quite understand please could you explain more. Thanks

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 7:12 pm
Click the 'Config' button
then click 'Keyboard Shortcuts'
then click the 'Add' button
Scroll down the box on right then highlight 'save database'
Click 'OK'
Now in the scroll box highlight.. [Left Windows] Savedatabase
Now click the 'Change button'
You can now assign the key or keys you wish to use as a shortcut for this action

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 7:24 pm
I have done this, the message saving database comes up but it still doesnt save the tracklisting in the playlist folder.

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 7:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for that click on the ... symbol on the playlist and press save playlist :)

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 8:13 pm
Im afraid it still doesnt sort the issue, i can save tracks manually by using the save (.....) feature. Is there any other suggestions guys

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 8:39 pm

wait for the soon to come upgrade.

I think it migth be a VISTA isssue, as Vista dont like VDJ savning things in Programs Folder

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 8:54 pm
I have read this in earlier posts, what gets me though is that it has worked already so I have been racking my brain as to what i might of done to upset it. creating my own playlists of late is the only thing i can think of.

In the mean time do you think an uninstall/re-install including a reg clean could do a short term fix (im wary of this as i wouldnt want to upset the stabibility of the prog, plus all the settings i have changed..etc)

Regards Lee

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 9:04 pm

a reinstall will never hurt ;) backup your database first

geposted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 9:54 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your Playlists most likely are not being stored where you think in Vista.

Do this --

Do a search for Hidden Files - search for -- VirtualDJ Database*.xml
When it finds the file - right click and select - Open Containing Folder
Look in the Folder window that comes open - Is there a Playlists folder?

Look in there - are there playlists? If so, then make note of the path to the folder
Go back to VDJ and browse to that location in VDJ and make a Favorite to that folder.

Let us know the results -- and as DJ-in-Norway mentioned this ?hidden? stuff is to be resolved in the next update.

cstoll

geposted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 2:28 am
This seems really bizare, I used virtual dj saturday night after receiving help from you guys and when ive come to check my playlists today it has recorded the live session i played that night!

I havent altered any settings since my last post so I am bewildered as to how the program depicts what i have played in a live session as opposed to playing test tracks. (which none have been recorded from the saturday before the live gig) the program was opened and closed in between both live and test sessions the same.

I even adjusted the system date forward after I played test sessions to see if the playlist showed up but still they did not.

I am over the moon that this feature seems to be working again but for piece of mind could somebody explain how VDJ stores played track information and how, and when it should display played tracklistings

geposted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 2:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As dj-in-norway mention - just wait for the next update it will completely resolve this - please don't ask when - but soon.

In the meantime looks like it is partially working. As a side note, if you open VDJ and play like 30sec of 4 tracks then close and no playlist is created - not uncommon.

geposted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 3:59 pm
Ok I'll go with that. Just glad it working at the momemnt. Thanks for all the support. Looking forward to the update.

geposted Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 10:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)