Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any updates about vdj 4.4 ? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

As i said in other posts i think its a good idea to have more information from developers team. Every month or two they could give a news "update" with vdj projects and ideas. I mean what are they cookin for all.

Any aproximately date of release ?
What are the main changes ?
Any screenshots ?
Bugs or crashes corrected ( obviously the important ones i suppose it will fix a lot of bugs)?
Windows Media and Winamp visualizations finally ?
Better library browse ? Database improve...?

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 5:05 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That information is reserved for VIP and above rang users.
You can start your journey by purchasing VDJ Pro:
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/
Hope to see ya soon with us ;)

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 5:20 pm
ejgutierrez wrote :
As i said in other posts i think its a good idea to have more information from developers team. Every month or two they could give a news "update" with vdj projects and ideas. I mean what are they cookin for all.

Agree with that, and maybe there should be a new newsflash feature on the site, that would keep the community in on current work.

Beta is now in testing, and is in late state of testing.
So there should be a release in not too long...

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 5:22 pm
I have the trial version of vdj. But its in my opinion with all the respect to the developers and people around vdj, its a little expensive. The main features i want to have vdj are:

- good library support and manage files: like winamp media library and Windows media player library. Or if you use linux amarok.
- Visualizations: I need a lot of Visuals. Winamp and Windows Media Player visuals are incredible.
- Scan database: I have a 5000 files. It would be nice to have something like: pause, resume, continue scanning database ( not doing it at once).
- An option to update database. No scan all the files, but the new ones.
- Better support for id3.2 in audio and something similar in videos ( author, song, year, cd, type of music indie, rock, hip-hop,.. Also a comments gap would be nice. Photo for the album cover.
- Auto-config: More accurate auto config option: You say if you want 1 soundcard, 2 soundcards, 2 soundcards with a mixer, and vdj detects and configures automatically.
- More usable effects and loops.
- Better start up speed and low time loading songs in the deck.

Although i think is a enormous software, very nice and easy to use, a program without these features i said before its a little expensive ( in my opinion). 240 e It has to be a more complete program. When it has all these i would be the second guy buying it.

Thanks for your answers

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 7:41 pm
I do agree with your recommendations, hopefully they do fix that scan database issue cause it does take for ever. I dont even use my local database no more. i just navigate in VDJ to the folder where my songs are located and I work from there. Try that way and see if that works for you

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 8:12 pm
safeckHome userMember since 2007
pos no me aparese ya nada y
ya ban barias beses
ke descargo el virtual dj y no me sale nada estoy tocando y se sierra

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:22 pm

@ejgutierrez

Next version might have some good news for you ;)

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:25 pm
quote: - Better support for id3.2 in audio and something similar in videos ( author, song, year, cd, type of music indie, rock, hip-hop,.. Also a comments gap would be nice. Photo for the album cover.

ding ding ding..

intill VDJ has that (including a space for ratings) I cant see myself purchasing it..
If that added those simple features right now.. I would buy it today.

All the other software has at least ID3v2 support (or equivalent)
PCDJ,OTSDJ,MIXMEISTER DJ POWER, TRAKTOR, EVEN WINAMP allows you to organize your record case by genre & rating & year!

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:37 pm

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:38 pm
Will someone remind me why I need album cover photo, how is that helping me? Better still, how is that helping you?

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:48 pm

Its just for looks.. ;)

iTunes got it, media players got it, IDtags got it..

Its just a modern thing, like Vista.. Better looking bling bling ;) Some like that, and those who dont, can turn the feature off

But dont get caught up in THAT.. its NOT what next version is about...

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:50 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A Man and His Music wrote :
Will someone remind me why I need album cover photo, how is that helping me? Better still, how is that helping you?

There are some DJs who might have a reading disability that this feature will benefit greatly AMaHM. Not to mention some think it looks way cool...;-) I wonder if it is a feature that can be turned off?

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 9:51 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dj-in-norway wrote :

and those who dont, can turn the feature off

:)

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:01 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :

I'm with you on that, I don't understand how that would make my browsing easier.

Man I don't think an update has ever taken this long since the time I got VDJ. Which is good, I'm not complaining.
The longer they take the better the product. So i expect it no sooner than Jan 2008 teamers :)

geposted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:59 pm
the album graphics is a great help if you are mixing really impulsive, back to back with another dj for instance. The brain more easily attaches feelings/emotions to colors and shapes than mere letters, and for many this will make it easier to pick THE right track at the right time. I think it's far from just bling, bling. One of the things that I miss when mixing with VDJ is the sleeves of the 12"s. Maybe not to obvious to everyone, but it makes sense to me.

geposted Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:20 am
Also i would like to see more Favourite Folders. You can only have 3 favourite folders in the sidebar.

The cover of the album is a visual way to get to a concrete cd and then access one of the songs of the cd. Its more nice, more visual and you could rememeber one cd cover and not the name.

geposted Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:21 am
sjursjur wrote :
the album graphics ......I think it's far from just bling, bling. One of the things that I miss when mixing with VDJ is the sleeves of the 12"s. Maybe not to obvious to everyone, but it makes sense to me.

Thats the feeling I get when I see them too.. Something that I can't explain, but it feels VERY right having them there, almost like a digital digging of 12"s

geposted Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:33 am
the partial scan and resume scan is an excellent idea . i think they heard us as far as implementing a recordcase .......

i'm one of the skeptics about the album art .......... more gimmicks isn't gonna fix the music mgmt or the database

to me it's just a gimmick

also i don't use any civilian anything so windows media player anything to do with that isn't professional....... not interested

geposted Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 2:49 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ejgutierrez wrote :
Also i would like to see more Favourite Folders. You can only have 3 favourite folders in the sidebar.

You can have as many Favorites as you like in the current version (4.3).

geposted Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 3:01 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like theres enough new features to go version 5 instead of 4.4 ;-)

geposted Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 5:03 am
35%