Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Your and Your music!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey ya'll,

LOVE the product. Man, such a great product.

I'm just getting everything converted to MP3.

Any suggestions on how to organize your music on VDJ? What do your folders look liike. What are the groups?

Show me what ya got yall!

-Wobbbbble

geposted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 1:08 pm

geposted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 2:36 pm
Welcome !

I've found it's good to organize files in the same way you organized them in your record case. You know the way you knew where every type of music was. If you want tracks to stay where you place them, you can look at a Playlist as a record case.

There are many different ideas out there because it depends on your style. Search this forum. It's been discussed before.

One thing is for sure, you'll find that vDJ has the tools to help you organize.

geposted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 2:42 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
If there is a specific reason you need to use MP3, be sure to encode *at least* at 192kbps with a highest quality possible (I would do 256 myself. If there isn't a specific reason you need MP3... I would highly recommend one of the newer formats (ogg vorbis is my choice as I can't tell the difference between a 64kbps ogg and music straight off a CD... but at least try WMA or something else). Even using MP3 192... I can tell the difference between mp3 and the CD (especially in the high end). So use something else and save yourself some space while your at it :).

-My two cents.

geposted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 4:19 pm
Yeah. Most of my MP3s are 128/192. No regular customer can tell a difference anyways. Yes - us as DJs can but.. :-/.

I'm more interested in how ya'll sort your promo onlys. How do you sort them.

Promo Only 2004
Urban
Mainstream
Modern Rock
....?

Or

Promo Only Urban
....?

..? What else?

geposted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 4:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)