Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: speakers

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djchuCUE userMember since 2007
im in the market for speakers and i am not sure wat to purchase, im considering an 800w self powered speaker. im confused because i dont know if i need an amplifier for it and if i dont how would i connect it. i sue an external mixer and 2 turntables.

geposted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:16 pm
Sounds like you might benefit from an all in one PA package. Look for componets from yamaha, crown, jbl & mackie. There's some pretty good PA packages at musicians friend, they've got a yamaha package at around $1,000 that includes two speaker cabs with 15s and horns, a 500w x2 powered mixer plus peaker stands, mics & all neccesary cables. That's the one I'm looking into once my small business loan becomes reality;^]

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-EMX512SCBR15-PA-Package?sku=630199

geposted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:45 pm
Powered speakers have a built in AMP

Buying a speaker and amp seperately gives you much more flexibilty in terms of adding to your setup at a later date

Can you elaborate on where you would intend to use the speakers (what size venues etc)

geposted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:46 pm
i normally do small halls for private parties, usually like small family-type events. in the long run i probably will use a pa package but i kinda dont see the point in bringing so much equipment to the small events.

geposted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 6:17 pm
I use JBL Eon 15 powered speakers. Sound great, never, ever have a problem. PPl always compliment me on my sound as compared to other places they visit. Forty pounds each. Connected to behringer mixer. Whole thing is very compact.

geposted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 6:50 pm
If you want to keep it light and easy .. (especially since i see you do small things), go with Self powered. Get a self powered sub if your worried/need bass. Mackies are preaty good. JBL as well.

Mackies are pricey though.

geposted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 7:14 pm
so basicly a self powered speaker gets connected to a mixer? what input would i connect a pair of speakers to?

geposted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 2:52 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
SpeedDemond29 wrote :

But worth every penny!!

geposted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 4:28 am
johne22Home userMember since 2007
I use a Yamaha 8 channel powered Mixer with a built in EQ. I use two 2 Peavey speakers. Stay away from Peavey amps, they have often go bad and spend a lot of time in for repairs. I put put my speakers on stands so I get more distance with my sound. Myyamaha head is 5 years old and I have not had one problem. Can't say enough about them.

The nice things about using a powered head is the ability to use several mics if you are into kareoke and one channel for your Mixing system. Plus you can have one channel set up to handle hot mp3's they someone might have on their IPOD. You can also have a back up always ready to go on another channel so it your system run in an issue. You can just press play and then work on getting your system back up and running.
It is also nice when you are in a place where people want to make announcements or toast the bride and groom. You can set a mic up for them. Nothing like having drunks spitting into your personal mic.

Do not buy a regular power amp or powered speakers. I have approx 20 years experience with sound and would gladly talk you through some websites so you can pick the correct equipment.
You can put a system together for a reasonable price. I would say the most importand thing is to buy as much power as you can afford. Then you can alway add or change speakers or add 2 more so now you have a total of four speakers.

If you would like to converse on this subject let me know. My email is --@--.--
I would be happy to help. I love sound equipment.

John

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry johne22 no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 5:37 am
johne22 my email address is dj.chu@hotmail.com....i see ur email got erased or suthin so jus send me an email i appreciate what ur tryina do.

geposted Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 4:58 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djchu wrote :
so basicly a self powered speaker gets connected to a mixer? what input would i connect a pair of speakers to?

Depending on the output of your mixer.. The good mixers have both RCA and XLR Outputs
Otherwise there will only be RCA's

RCA Outputs - they are the Red & White output plugs

XLR Outputs (3 pin) - they are the Cannon plugs - (industry standard)

Cheers
Kaoz

geposted Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 8:32 am
djchu wrote :

If your just going to use just the computer, then you don't really need a mixer. Just connect the computer straight to the speaker(s). I know some DJs that do that over here. They bring there self powered Mackies and a computer. Depending on the speakers, they usually have more then one input. So you can get a wireless Mic and connect it to them as well. And your all set :-) EASY ONE-TWO-THREE

geposted Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 6:00 pm
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SpeedDemond29 wrote :

Their prices has drop big time... you can now get a SRM450 for 650$.. when I first bought it coast me 1200$

geposted Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 6:55 pm
Pat_DJ wrote :
SpeedDemond29 wrote :

Their prices has drop big time... you can now get a SRM450 for 650$.. when I first bought it coast me 1200$

really? for the pair? ill have to look in to that. What website can i find them for that price?
**If you go with self powered, it is recommended you get a self powered subwoofer. They sound better together. The whole self powered family :-)

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 5:36 am
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no, not pair but single

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 2:11 pm
have come down, but still pricey

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 4:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)