Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 10

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Just finished mapping the DN-HC4500 to Virtual DJ - there are still a few functions that need native support to run properly, but so far it works great.

Here's the link to the map file I created:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60347690/DN-HC4500.xml

Some notes:

- Function Keys 1-5 serve as hotcue buttons. Store up to 5 on the fly, then return to them at any time.

- The effect buttons 1-3 can be assigned to any effects that you've downloaded. I used Brake (1), Forward_Reverse (2) and BeatGrid (3). If you don't have Forward_Reverse downloaded, either download it or edit the MIDI command to activate an effect that you do have.

- The Display won't show any time/title/details - that requires native support.

- The Loop Buttons were programmed as follows:
Flip = Smart Loop
A1 = Set Loop Start
A2 = Automatic 4 Beat Loop
B = Set Loop End AND ALSO Exit Loop
Exit/Reloop = RELOOP ONLY.

- Pitch/Key starts and stops the Key Lock feature

- The Jogwheel is set to Jogwheel mode, not Scratchwheel mode. Moving it forward or backward will speed up or slow down the song proportinately. Pressing it won't do anything (although you can program this to hold the track position when pressed).

- I programmed the fast search buttons above the jogwheel to make it easy to jump to any position in the song. Pressing the right fast search button advances the track position 60 seconds; pressing the left fast search button moves the track position back 10 seconds. The increments can be edited in the MIDI config panel.

Enjoy!

Brendan Lafferty
B-Sharp Entertainment
Taunton MA
www.southcoastdj.com

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 4:05 am
HeyDJBren wrote :
Just finished mapping the DN-HC4500 to Virtual DJ

Thanks mate ... im so close to purchasing one of these and your mapper may just push me over the edge. (hmm .. maybe I should be cursing you for making me spend $500)

How do you like it with VDJ ? .. any problems with the sound card ? ... how about time code ? ... how would you rate it ? ... please .. bore me with the details :)

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 6:19 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
smittydc wrote :
FYI - apparently there are problems with the controller working under Vista...

If you're a vista person, you might want to look into it before purchasing.

Yes, I'm following you everywhere telling you the same thing...
The problem is with Vista MIDI drivers.
Sound Card works fine with Vista.

Read this:

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/005512.html

OO

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 7:49 pm
beach wrote :
HeyDJBren wrote :
Just finished mapping the DN-HC4500 to Virtual DJ

Thanks mate ... im so close to purchasing one of these and your mapper may just push me over the edge. (hmm .. maybe I should be cursing you for making me spend $500)

How do you like it with VDJ ? .. any problems with the sound card ? ... how about time code ? ... how would you rate it ? ... please .. bore me with the details :)

It's great with VDJ; native support will make it even better as the displays right now are not showing any time or track info - just status indicators to show that it's linked to the PC and that the commands are registering when you press the buttons.

The sound card is great - it's nice not having an extra USB dongle taking care of the sound, and I like that the Denon controlller doesn't rely on USB for power like the DAC-3. I don't use timecode when I DJ so I can't comment there.

I'd rate it a 10 all around. You won't find a better quality rack-mountable controller anywhere, and the fact that it was quickly mappable to VDJ made it even better.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 10:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Until this cool stuff arrives in europe (end of month) i want to make a realistic skin. Can someone please send me a high resolution photo of it?
babisrig@yahoo.gr

geposted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 11:32 pm
where can i buy one right now?

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 12:55 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
NotaDjyet wrote :
where can i buy one right now?

Where are you from?

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 2:05 am
Hi! i live in Illinois.

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 2:33 am
You're NotaDjyet, so you can't have one.

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 5:06 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A Man and His Music wrote :
You're NotaDjyet, so you can't have one.

you are so mean.......laughing my ass off here.......

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 5:08 am
LOL that's why i need this baby so i can start doing my little mixes, peace :)

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 5:13 am
Alright, send me $500.00 cash, and I will hook you. Add 7% sales tax (I got to take care of Uncle Sam, honest), and $25.00 for S & H.

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 5:33 am

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 6:09 pm
thanks for your help Denon DJ.

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 9:01 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
NotaDjyet wrote :
Hi! i live in Illinois.

You have 4-5 dealers in your area, type in IL and give them a call.

http://denondj.com/dealer_locator.asp

"<---Droolz on keyboard......feelin like a kid in a candystore..."

finally got the approval to get this :)

geposted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 10:01 pm
no luck, i called them all and nobody has it in stock, they all want it me to preorder one but i'd like to play with it for a few minutes or at least see it in person before i pay for it, i guess i'll continue to be NotaDJyet for another month. :(

geposted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 4:09 am
DJCHOPIN wrote :
Hey..........

Please Take a look at this. and see if you can help me. or give me some ideas. about it.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/77925/Hardware_Technical_Support/4_channels_______.html

Also i read this at the Manual.: Minds i can do VIDEO CROSSFADER

2X-Control
When the DN-HC4500 is combined with DENON’s
DN-X500/DN-X900 mixers, the crossfader of these
mixers can actually be mapped to crossfade your
software players by one simple 3.5mm stereo
mini cable

Thanks in advance.
DJCHOPIN

Can the Denon rep here confirm if this crossfader is mapped to the software if using a DN-X400 mixer? I see fader 3.5" jacks on the back of the 400 mixer.

I need to be able to map the fader on the mixer to the software for video mixing.

geposted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 6:48 am
Only the DN-X900, DN-X500 and hopefuly soon the DN-X050 (2U rack space 2 ch.-mixer!) Have the X-Control.

geposted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 8:42 pm
RicardoM wrote :
Only the DN-X900, DN-X500 and hopefuly soon the DN-X050 (2U rack space 2 ch.-mixer!) Have the X-Control.

The X500/X900 are the only two compatible mixers to perform the CrossFade trick.
(DN-X050 = no & no fader start)

geposted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 11:39 pm
CanSpoilU wrote :
Can the Denon rep here confirm if this crossfader is mapped to the software if using a DN-X400 mixer? I see fader 3.5" jacks on the back of the 400 mixer.

I need to be able to map the fader on the mixer to the software for video mixing.

Fader Start = Yes
X-Control = No (only on x500/x900)

geposted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 11:41 pm
64%