Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What do u think of this...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Abt m audio torq conectiv..vinyl/cd packages

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqConectivVinylCDPack-main.html

Its available in my country... where NUmark virtual vinyl not even in stock:( n even that.. total control will only be available here ard 2 wks times.... What amuse me i was told by the sales person at sinamex (official numark distributor) that out of 10 caller only me alone asking the NVV:( n i was the only one so far who ask for it. Even the Numark TCV not in sales here...:( They will not plan to bring the NVV in the near future as there no demand.. hence me being introduced to this torq conectiv which is popular here in singapore along with serato n finalscratch etc.. I do not want to use the torq program as i really like VDJ since i convert to digital djing. Nothin came close to VDJ..(tried PCDJ , BPM studio b4 trying the ejay mixstation2 from Atomix)I koe the other way i could purchase it by buying it off the net to be ship to my country but I a bit scared to do that now....

So my question is , i think this is stupid.. could the torq timecoded be used with VDJ full capability.. (wait i use stanton TCV rite now n it did not perform as what i expected with VDJ) .. I would expect the answer is no... But I really wanna use the TCV function well:( .. I guess some of u will still remember abt my VDJ TCV problem, to this date i still waiting.. I swear i never receive it till now, if not u would see a TCV icon under my name:(..

But hey how abt the audio interface , the torq conectiv, will it werk flawlessly n better than my current Mk2 soundcard for ASIO?.. Well I would say it is okay as it have 2 outs n 2 ins (stereo) but i just wanna check with u all my fellow dj brothers.. Is it betta to just have a go on it ..or just make the sales person at sinamex to order just ONE for me,,, geez that could bit expensive than the normal retail prize as they only will bring it one...Also my intention to buy the NVV cos wanting to use the soundcard in mac for timecoded as i understand in the mean time there no other card can support that..

FYI I also trying to tget the maya44 usb and my fren currently in sweden but someone earlier reply to me that things at there could be expensive hence i put off that thought..

Pls advise...Thanks..

PS.: This will be part of my new system rig that i currently building n i need feedback fast.. Thanks

Best regards
DJ Antarez

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 7:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sorry man but the conective is garbage some users have reported to me even using torq it tracks backwards when they try to play a song normaly!

torq tcv are only supported in torq

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 8:03 pm
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
The only one what I can say is, the Conective works very well with VDJ and the sound is much better than mk2, Maya,....
I using VDJ-TCV Gen2 and now (new) VV-TCV with the Conective.
Torq & Conective works on a Mac too, but I don´t know whether VDJ & Conective works on a Mac. The Torq TCV don´t works with VDJ.
You can also use SSL-TCV. It works with VDJ too but the Pitch is jump to -3%. If so reset it in the skin and all works well.
Would this be a solution for your problem?

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 8:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
would you mind sharing your config X1lover

it could really help some conective users :)

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 8:24 pm
It is not different like with ESI.
the performance tab is one step befor Best Quality
Sound Card to "Auto" (set in the Conective Config to 128)
Mastertempo "Fast" (if u work with a "not-powerful-lappy" like me :o)
Thats it :o)

My specs

Gericom Lappy (only for audio)
2 GHz Centrino (not Duo !)
1GB RAM
Radeon Mobility 9700 256MB Vid RAM
120GB HDD

for video:
HTPC Hiper Media Center (it looks like a standalone dvd-player)
Athlon 64 4000+
1GB RAM
ATI Radeon 1600 512 MB RAM
500 GB HDD

Edit:
I have forgotten one: for TCV using I recommended Shure M44-7 or Ortofo QBert !
I experieced with a lot of systems but these ones the best for tcv-using.
for scratching TCCD is Pioneer CDJ800 or cdj1000 the best way, in my opinion :o)

geposted Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 8:35 pm
@skyfxl

So do u think that the best way is order via the internet for numark virtual vinyl? Or i can just use the conectiv as the soundcard n cant use it in asio mode for timecoded?

U said torq TCV entirely cant be use. so i would scrap that.. .. n will not buy it.. as then i would only be drafted to torq software.. hehe i dun wanna do that:)

@x1lover..
The solution u offered quite reasonable
What other solution could u advise.. ?

The major problem is that i can't get TCV that is compatible with VDJ in singapore:(.. If not i would just use my mk2 as the soundcard which in a way they are now i using..

Thanks for the responed..

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:33 am

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 9:52 am
Yes u have understood me. n yes it possible to buy the torq n ssl here in singapore ..

N yeah maybe i will buy that vv tcv of the site u gave me.. It is reliable.. sorry should i ask..

Btw if i ever i need problem with this conective, (most prob will buy it but still waiting if i could buy NVV itself) could i PM u for any help?

Thanks.

Cheers

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 10:14 am
you could PM me anytime ;o)
If you have VDJ+Conective+VV-TCV you do not need Numarks VV ! This saves a lot of money ;o)

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 10:47 am
Cheers thanks.. :)

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 10:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)