Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: it\'s been a week .......

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i'm still trying to get v mix 5.2 to work ......still getting invalid skin file error line 0 in the xml

i've had a ticket in for a while also ........ the only response to my ticket was coyote asking what my OS was which i answered , hasn't been any follow up since

my os is xp media center edition

i have used v mix 5.2 previously ...... it's just that since i got my laptop back from a repair i can't get this skin to work

mix lab which is very similar (also a 1280 by 800 skin) works fine as does another skin

i have tried rebooting and also uninstall reinstall with no luck

the ONLY error msg is line 0 in the xml ( it's not a screen resolution different from the skin problem)

whenever i have to set up my system from scratch i try to be very thorough and really make my platform ready to do pro audio 'n video ......

so that means i updated all windows updates , updated the BIOS , updated ATI video drivers , updated java and direct x .........

running 32 processes .... after i launch traktor and vdj and audiograbber i'm at 35

2 gigs of ram , no spyware , no viruses , no click pop issues, no freeze ups or bluescreens

just my favorite skin won't work .......

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Chuck you know the rules - don't make double posts. For the future post this back in the original thread you started.

In the meantime --- Is it all of the V-Mix skins? Even the ones with the higher resolution?

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:35 pm
Chuck - What OS are you using?

Have you tried extracting the skin from the zip file and loading from root folder? (I have had this problem on XP MCE!)

If not, PM me your MSN or Email and I will send the file I am running from.

DJ Mykel

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:35 pm

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 6:36 pm
wow .... thanks for all the responses

@Cstoll ....... may you win the mega millions lottery 2x ...... i don't normally dbl post but i was getting nowhere fast .... i think after a week and no help from the tickets or forum that i wasn't terribly impatient .......

@Mykel ...... thanks for the kind offer i will email immediately

@Mad Maxx ........ i haven't tried that solution b4 , i will try if all else fails and thanx

gentleman !?? the OS is XP media center edition........ if you know who made that will you please duct tape there mouth to a bus exhaust pipe and drag them thru a cactus patch , thanx

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:08 pm

Mykel and Format made the skin, so he should be good aid ;)

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I know you know - but do you know what I know --- lol.

Anyhow -- you didn't answer my question - just gave me $h!t about my comment.

As Mykel pointed out - extract the files in the Skins folder - delete the Zip - now go try. Result?

Oh and if I do win.... checks in the mail - 5% !

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:12 pm
thanks Norway , thanks all

mix lab 1.2 works perfect as does emprego's platinum skin .........

vmix 5.2 is my favorite skin and it worked great before my laptop went into the shop @#$%^&**&^%$#@!!!!!!!

in other words i know it's not the skin that's the problem.........

i can't get single or multi instance to work .......

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:15 pm
@ Cstoll .... i was giving you s@#$ ?? never

i'll take the 5%..........

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:17 pm
i will try then get back.....asap

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:22 pm
If you are running MCE then the duct tape is on order for you, lol. Really boxed my brain when I was zippng up skins and the only one that would open was the VDJ default. Here's the real swear point... I extracted and re-zipped the default skin, then that wouldn't work either!!!

There is something really odd with MCE - it was cheaper than pro to buy, has all the features of pro, and has the media centre app/back end...

Well, these problems have all been replaced for me - now have a whole new set of Vista problems to look forward to! lol

Mykel

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:22 pm
uhhhhh ......... thanks everybody ....... don't hate me ........it finally worked ! and yes i tried the extraction previously and it didn't work .... sheesh

Mykel and Format ...... great skin thanks

as far as XP media center goes ......... it's really a pain ........ it's definitely enough to make anyone superstitious ..... i've gotten to where i'm so wary of it that i set a restore point every day or 2 .........

i suspect that the back end is the source of it's problems ...... also it doesn't like soundcards.....

i did a lot of the tweaks in Norway's setup guide plus i went into the BIOS and killed the wireless and bluetooth ...... took a lotta doing to get the clicks skips pops to go away......

what finally worked was extracting the files after the install ...... i tried b4 but it didn't work....this time it did

also just to give you an idea of how schizoid mce can be ..... i never did that (extraction) b4 but it worked perfect ....... it 's a noticeably different creature since it came back from the factory repair .....

thanks all for the help .......

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)