Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Are these laptop specs ok??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Would this be ok for ALL the functions of VDJ.....I have a Dell XPS M140 now, but looking to go to the next level without breaking the bank, here are the specs for the new laptop:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Professional
MEMORY 2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM
HARD DRIVE Speed: 100GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
OPTICAL DRIVE 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 GS
WI-FI WIRELESS CARD Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps)
SOUND OPTION Integrated Audio

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:48 pm
Looks good, but I think folks are having better luck with Vista for video work.

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:54 pm
Im reluctant to using VISTA O/S, I read so much about problems with it and VDJ....I know XP Pro works great so thats why chose that.......have all the bugs with VISTA been resolved?

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:58 pm
I also haven't had the nerve to try it yet, and never have problems with xp pro. The only reason I mentioned Vista previously was that some that were unable to get decent video in XP had better luck with Vista. I think with your video card the setup should work tho.

Sorry, other than that, I really can't say much about Vista b/c I don't use it :)

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:02 pm
ok thanks for the information.....I have the ability to upgrade to a 512 NVIDIA GTX Card, I may go with that one, but its really expensive...not sure what to do?

Thanks again!

geposted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)