Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash when searching!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok so i have now done a weelend of djing from mac and VDJ the biggest problem is it crashes when i use the search function sometimes a bit like pcdj dose, the music still plays! however the multi coloured disc comes up (egg timer) thats when you know your dun for and that its time for a re start the only way to get out of it is to hold the power button down and wait for the computer to die before powering up again. I really must sort this out! please if anyone knows of anything i can do lets have it on the board for everyone to read as im sure i cant be the only one that has come across this. Thanks alot

chaz

geposted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 9:37 am
Do you have the latest build? I believe its r13. They fixed the search bug in it. Go to the downloads page, follow the directions and you'll get it sorted.

geposted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 10:23 am
After verifying that you have the latest build of VDJ Mac (4.3 r13 - as C5 has said), and if the freezing continues, try "Force Quitting" VDJ instead of powering down your Mac.

Force quit by simultaneously pressing down the "Alt/Option" key, the "Command/Apple" key, and the "Esc" key. This is like "ctrl/alt/del" and "end task" for windows, except it actually works. ;)

You should immediately get the "Force Quit Applications" window, and any frozen application (in your case VDJ) will be highlighted with red colored text and beside it you will see "(application not responding)". if you see these things, simply highlight the frozen application and select the glowing blue colored "Force Quit" button. You will immediately be prompted once again with "are you sure you want to immediately quit this application?" Simply select the glowing blue "Force Quit" button for the last time.

This should prevent you from having to reboot your Mac entirely.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 1:10 pm
I only bought and downloaded VDJ 4.3 two weeks ago i thought it would of been the latest version! Are you telling me that once downloading the full version you do have to then updete it?

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:43 pm
Yes, there are upates to version 4.3 you need to download.

geposted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 3:33 am
that's crazy the full download should be the latest version! i'm very suprised. thanks for the info

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:35 am
i had the latest version all along and it still crashes.

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:19 pm
Still crashes!

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 11:14 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you click "Config" and then "Info", what version does it state you have installed??

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 1:34 pm
Checked to see what version and it's 4.3.r13

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 1:47 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try this delete this file

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

run virtual dj , add your serial again it should now be ok

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:38 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)