Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New User need help.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hello around,
i have deside to buy a mac book or mac pro for using only for proffesional djin`/Perfoming and i want your help.To make it clear; i havent never used mac or any pc for mixing and playing live.All what i need is,what i must have to start.I use normally the Pioneer CD Player 1000MKii or Denon 3500. and a Pioneer 600 mixer.Are enough for that what i want to do? I have heard that i can use them via Timecode to play my .wav or .mp3s direct from my pc/mac.Is it true? As you see a total newbie and i will be very glad to get your help.
Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
dj leon el ray

geposted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 9:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 11:34 pm
thanks a lot for your answer.That helps for start.Some questions more,even if sometimes for you its listening so stupid.
I have seen that the CD with the Software has a duration of 15 min.Whats happen if you have a longer track,or a mix with duration more than 20 min?
Did you had any crash or freezin`or anything else during your live sets? That very important for me,because i travell a lot and i cant have all my CD´s and all my cases with me.Thats the reason that i would like to buy this system.
Another question is....why Mac and not PC Microsoft.Whats the different.
Thanks for your time and i hope of some answers.

dj leon el ray

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its 12 minutes long , the timecode singal but to use it you must buy the numark virtual vinyl package. more cards hopefuly will be supported in the soon to come mac update.

however with the vv box , in smart mode after the 12 minutes the song wont just stop randomly

it hasnt crashed for me live , if it did i wouldnt use it :)

macs are easy to use , simple to configure and easy to fix if they go wrong

they aslo have a better sound api so a higher quality

at the end of the day though get a pc if you think that will suit you more

its about whats best for you :)

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:54 pm
ok,thanks for your asap answer.

Leon

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)