Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ5 Preview Audio Bug formerly VDJ4...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:31 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please see the post. The preview works flawless in V5. Your problem is with the settings of your system and it's performance capabilities.
I looked through the post and didn't see anything about your system's specs. What type of system and soundcard are you using?

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:56 am
It's not a system performance issue since this occurs at any performance setting. If you look at the beginning of the above mentioned post (which you obviously didn't) you'd see the specs of 2 different computers I have reproduced this bug on. Both are not bottom of the line by any stretch and both are true dual core processors. The preview works fine, as you say, as long as you don't skip ahead immediately with the progress bar. If you do, the output from the decks will stop momentarily until the hard drive finishes loading that portion of the previewed song into ram. This behavior has started since v4. Preview in v3.4 does not do this.

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it works for me fine :)

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:06 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Soundman69 wrote :
It's not a system performance issue since this occurs at any performance setting. If you look at the beginning of the above mentioned post (which you obviously didn't) you'd see the specs of 2 different computers I have reproduced this bug on. Both are not bottom of the line by any stretch and both are true dual core processors. The preview works fine, as you say, as long as you don't skip ahead immediately with the progress bar. If you do, the output from the decks will stop momentarily until the hard drive finishes loading that portion of the previewed song into ram. This behavior has started since v4. Preview in v3.4 does not do this.

Your spec's dont specify what speed (RPM) your drives are. Mine are 7200 & 10000 RPM and have no problem.

I do get the problem when i hook up a 4200 & 5000 rpm drive for testing purposes.

7200 RPM and above are the recommend specs for any aduio & video work.

Hope this helps as i only get this problem with the slower drives.

My Spec are :
IBM T42
1.8 Ghz
768Mb Ram
Drive 1 - 40Gb (7200 RPM)
Drive 2 - 80 Gb (Internal Drive Bay which replaces the CDRom) 7200RPM
External USB Drive - 500Gb (10000 RPM)

15" Screen Max Res 1400 x 1050 Using an ATI chipset

and running VDJ 4.3 & V5 with a BCD2000 & no issues

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Kaoz

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:20 am
All my drives are 7200 rpm drives. BTW the speed of the drive should not make any difference. Given the usage of a USB interface, it is the interface that is the limiting factor not the hard drive. In my case I am using eSATA which is the same as using a pure internal SATA interface. So the hard drive is running at it's full potential. Where I think there is an issue is when you are using 6 separate sound channels for the assignments. From what I can tell none of you are actually doing this. You are using 4 channels and selecting the preview to the other 2 channels when using it. My preview is configured on totally independent sound channels along with the sampler. As I said this works perfectly in 3.4 but in anything above 4 there is this issue.

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 4:48 pm
Why Isn't VD team doing any thin about it? I'm sick and tired of non working software. I don’t care about new function if the program isn’t stable. I have this non existing problem and dropouts. I'm a professional and need a professional stable program. I like VD:s functions but my customers don’t like bad sound. I have been recommended to buy more memory, faster computer and firewire soundcard I have doon that and still the same problem.

Its not a hardware problem then all settings is sett to simplest possible and its 1 Gb of free memory and a processor load on 2 % and still problem.

I have been patient but its starts to bee time too find another solution.

geposted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 12:12 pm
dj johan -- what are you talking about? The preview option? or Sound engine?

If preview option - then sorry to sound like a broken record - but what are your sound setup settings? How are you trying to use the preview option? With an external mixer?

If sound engine and quality issue - please go to the PC Tech Support forum and start a thread there so we can address your issue - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/20/PC_Version_Technical_Support.html

And last is this Version 5 you are talking about?

cstoll

geposted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 6:11 pm
Have you tried using ASIO4ALL driver instead or are you already using this? (The latest v 2.8 BETA 2)

My issue with the Preview is that the same bug exists in VDJ5 where you can't do a *headphones only* configuration where the master is sent to the broadcast.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 9:47 pm
Cstoll
That I’m talking about… please read the hole topic before answering!
I’m talking about 4.0 and 5.0 And the preview function as that’s what this topic is about.

I have a 3 different computers, 3 different soundcards. And VD newer works as it should. And yes I’m using an external mixer, maybe that’s the problem? But sense I’m not a bedroom DJ I don’t play with the mouse.

I have posted my issue before, I have written to tec support... and its never VD that’s the problem.

Version 5 should I never use live. it crash suddenly, and 30% of my Mp3:s is suddenly silent.
and then I’m using the search engine it the program totally freeze for 2 minuets sometimes....

I’m not sure its any idée to post info about bugs… the team seams to believe that the program is perfect as it is. And the users is just a bunch of idiot that should keep quiet…

If you took the bug reports seriously, you should have les complain to reed…

It's not a system performance issue it's buggs in VD that shuld bee fixed!

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 3:51 pm
I understand what the thread title is and the topic is... however; you mention things in your brief statement that concerned me to whether you were only talking about the preview or other issues as well. You mentioned buying new soundcard(s) so that was my line of question.

If you are using an external mixer - why not preview tracks using the decks? And if you are using the preview for a separate external mixer channel - is your settings for the preview set to use a second soundcard or a channel on the soundcard used for the two main deck in VirtualDJ?

And Atomix / DevTeam do look at the bug reports...
And sorry to counter your bugs vs system - but sometimes it is system performance.
Willing to help,
cstoll

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)