Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: what is up with this new database?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i have been using this program for some time now and the only thing i wish it did was read id3 tags!!! now that it does, i can't create a new database without the program freezing. i can't get this new version to convert my old database. i can't get it to do anything and i've read the manual and it doesn't tell you how to create a new database. i tryed everything and then when i search for a file it tries to sort the folder after i type the first letter and that freezes the program?!?!?!?!? whats up with this?

geposted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:01 am
I had thiss issue happen during an automix while entering a search. First, the GUI locked up, but mix continued to play after the "sort" dialog came up. Then, the mix burped, the dialog closed, and it worked normally again.

geposted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:42 pm
because it reads id3 tags, it needs more time to process the informaiton.

try sorting 80,000 songs by their genre for the first time and it will take you a few hours.

it takes time to get used to this new database, but it's much more powerful than the old one.

i especially like the filter. that's cool.

you need to play around with the database and ask lots of quesitons until you get used to vdj 5.0 database.

did you know, right cliking the column header will give you the option to change/rearrange fields for both search box and playlist?

yea, it's very cool.

Los Angeles DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:23 am
I agree, I was a bit nervous at first, I think we'll all like it(v5.0 database) once we talk it out a few more days.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:28 am
When I downloaded my Version 5, other than the ones my niece put in, all the songs were unanalysed.

How do you make it so it will display such things as genre, comment and so on without having to type them in - with over 20,000 WMA files to choose from, it's gonna be tricky getting it all done bit by bit by a week today (my twin nieces' birthday).

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 11:13 am
Right click at the top of the file browser where the column headers are and select whatever you want.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You don't need the NEW data in-order to use V5. So don't feel you are rushed to get it all updated.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)