Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Another trip down memory lane...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I was thinking back to my childhood when I first became interested in dj'ing and remembered a talk I had with my granddad. He said in the future there would be no market for dj's because computers would be doing it all. My response to him was that people would still have to run the computer programs because no computer would be able to mix like a real person could. Now here I am, nearly 20 years later sitting in front of my computer running VDJ, just imagining him giving me a pat on the back (since he's not actualy here to do it now). hehe, I don't really have a point here, just reminiscing and wanted to share. The future looks bright indeed;^]

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:01 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Off course you have a point there, man will always mix as computer cannot read the crowd ;)

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:27 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
unless, they making computer to have emotions too:P.. a cyborg perhaps or some advanced human-like machine:)

N yeah,, computer are here to aid the dj only, to make things easier n comfortable.. but who knows.. the future lies beyond...

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:11 pm
I don't think Commander DATA is going to appear next week and steal my residency at the Club.

But I could be wrong.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:18 pm
@Timmyg1978 - aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww.. you miss grandpa?
Just messing. He was absolutely right.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:44 pm
Computers follow logic.

If someone can define all the logic neccesary to be a good DJ, covering every little aspect, allowing for every little situation possible. Then yes it would be feasible.

The stumbling block isn't really technology, it isthe 'Human Factor'.

We develop technology and we define it's logic. As long as that is the case, i don't think it will ever happen. Humans simply aren't capable of backwards engineering our own brains.

We can only program technology with the logic we ourselves comprehend. So if Humans can't define the logic to eachother, they won't be able to on a computer either.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:56 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ'ing just isn't logical, it's not rocket science and that would explain why most DJ's aren't known for their intellect.

Places that can affored it will have DJ's, those who can't will have "track selecters" and winamp.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:51 pm
Mantahoe wrote :
@Timmyg1978 - aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww.. you miss grandpa?
Just messing. He was absolutely right.

hehe, I do miss him, regardless of his conservative stubborness..lol

I'm not as confident after I read an article today which said artificial life will be possiible in the next 3 - 10 years, hopefully though they won't let them evolve enough to take our jobs away..lol

On a side note and completly unrelated I took a trip to natural chimneys (mt. solen, VA) today with the clubhouse, and man it was breathtaking. If anybody wants to see the pictures (none with people, just the chimneys) let me know & I'll upload them and make a post with them later on;^]

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 10:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)