Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question on virtual folders??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I just got through spending hours creating a virtual folder of dance songs from a very large 70-80's folder on a Shuttle SFF that has all its songs stored in it's C drive.

My question is: I also use a laptop and an "F" ext. 500 gB HD as a backup. Is there some way that when I copy all the Shuttles folders into the ext. HD that it will somehow copy the virtual folders with them and have the virtual folders still work properly on this same ext. HD when used with the laptop?

Or will I have to go thru the same process with setting up a virtual folder on the laptop VDJ with the ext. HD hooked up to it.? Seems like a real lot of duplicated effort.

I'm praying here.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:06 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there not a way you can use the Filter Folder an do this?

And to answer your question -- Don't think so... sorry - got to rebuild it.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:53 pm
kentePRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't have VirtualDJ 4.3 in front of me and I haven't upgraded to 5.0 yet till I understand all the ramifications, but if I remember correctly when I made my virtual folders by dragging songs into the playlist window there was also an option to save the list of songs as a playlist. Couldn't you click on a virtual folder in VDJ4.3, drag all the songs into the playlist window, save them as a playlist, open the playlist in VDJ 5.0 and save the list of songs as a virtual folder?

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:00 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't believe that will work because the file path to the songs will be different. You can open a virual folder and then save it as a playlist, then open that playlist on another machine but with the file paths being different (C/ versus F/) they will not show up. Your best bet if you do alot of organizing on one machine and then transfer to another is just use your external drive and make sure that the drive letter is the same on both machines.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:06 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe try to edit your .xml file created first.
- Copy the part with your virtualfolders ina new document
- Replace your drive letters (replace e:\ by f:\ for example) in every line
- Then edit your new xml on the other driver
- And finally paste your edited part

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:38 pm
clax, I think I'll try that.
Thank you.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:05 pm
Don't forget that there's a "Find and Replace" function in notepad that will replace C:\ with F:\ automatically.

Might take a while to do it by hand!

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)