Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crossfade - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

billy24PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry if this sounds stupid,

I take it now on version 5 that you can't fade from one deck to the other by just pressing a button. On the old version I just set the the cross fader to smooth and the time to approx 5 secs and when I hit the automix button and it crossfaded to the other deck when I was ready.
Can I not do anything like this on the new version?
The only way I can see to do it is to manually move the fader with the mouse to the other from deck to deck now the automix button is gone.
I hope this doesn't sound stupid, I have read the new features on version 5 but don't really understand the one deck only bit!!

Thanks

Billy24

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:23 am
Hey Billy. Automix is no longer a standard automatic crossfade from one deck to the other. It just mixes the next song in the playlist and plays on the 'active' deck. The button is on the left of the Playlist window. Play with it. You will get it.... I'm one of the complainers who dont like the way automix works in version 5... lol... maybe i bitch too much.

Happy spinnin!

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:30 am
Thanks,

I have just had a quick look at it now and I don't know if I really like it, I think it may take a bit of getting used to!

Billy24

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
There is a new shortcut now "auto_crossfade" that does the crossfade movement you ask (fade from playing song -> next song)
Combine it with a play command to have what you asked in one button, when normal play (not in automix mode)

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:11 pm
I have to say I think that's a step backwards as well. I'd like to see the "mix now" button return for when in manual mode, where it crossfades according to your parameters and starts play on that second deck. You may find it 'useful or not' when using audio, but it was of great use when using video and transitions!

Anyone who does a lot of video will surely agree with this.

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:21 pm
Yeah,

I agree, I think the automix button is a very useful tool like you said especially when mixing video's
What is the shortcut key you use to automix?

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:31 pm
If you have to push a button anyway, i don't understand what is wrong of pushing play instead and mix normal way, ...ok videos, got it.
Just use a midi crossfader for this and link audio and video crossfaders.

The new crossfade shortcut it's safer... it mix only to the good direction from the playing to the next song.
And as i said you can assign both "auro_crossfade" and "play" at the same keyboard shortcut or midi controller and have "mixnow", why you need it on the skin ?

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:52 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Apopsis - can't satisfy them all !

Look you can have your MixNow button - create a shortcut macro -- apopsis gave you the shortcut action just tie that to a play action -- MIX NOW

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:55 pm
Sorry,

I am new to vdj How do you create a shortcut macro and tie it in to the play action?

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 2:02 pm
Easy, go to shortcuts page in options, shortcuts are categorized, PLEASE spend some time there to see the possibilities.
Many many shortcuts, its the power of virtualdj if you ask me.
You can assign more than one commands to the same key or combination of keys (alt, control +... etc)
The order also does matter.. it's easy and powerful.
You can also manage your shortcuts files, merge, save as... keep a backup.
I advice you to delete the original shortcuts and start from scratch to build your own.

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 2:06 pm
Many thanks

I will give it a go!!!

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 2:36 pm
webtekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I too was miising the Automix between decks for videos but have now set up a shortcut to do it, works a treat, cheers

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:09 pm
Is there anyway that I could set the space bar to do the automix for both left and right deck? I have set it at the moment for one key to fade to deck 1 and play and one key to fade to deck 2 and play.
It would be handy if I could just do it both ways with the space bar if its possible.
Does anyone know if it can be done and if so how please?

Billy24

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:32 pm
skell11PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have been asking for an update on the auto mix and BAM! finally got it, was not what I was expecting BUT I can definately work with it, much better guys ... I too miss the auto mix button to fade one deck to the next BUT it seems there are shortcuts or other options to do the same thing. I am not a techie, I just play one on TV but if one of you folks could do me a favor and explain how to do it I think I can wiggle through it. Also what is the short cut for the auto crossfade, I have been sifting through the new user guide and have not found it yet.

Thanks for all the help,

Scott

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 6:36 pm
Here is the snippet of text I am using for the FULL version of the VirtualDJ User Guide for Version 5 -- And there are pics, but I think the instructions are easy enough to follow.
------------

Shortcut Macros

A shortcut macro is the process of assigning multiple actions to the same key or key combination of the keyboard.
The true power of the macro comes from the order the actions are listed.

Here is an example of a highly requested macro that provides a ‘Mix Now’ capability.
So open the Configuration dialog and select the Keyboard tab.

The actions to be used are auto_crossfade, play, and select and assigned to the Space bar for activation.

• auto_crossfade – moves the crossfader
  • play – activates the play of the track
  • select – changes which deck is now the active deck

To start the build of macro add the auto_crossfade action first. Select the Add button to get the action dialog. Choose the ‘all’ in the left list, then ‘auto_crossfade’ from the middle list. Use the drop-down and select ‘on active deck’. Then click OK.

Repeat this process for ‘play’ and ‘select’ and be sure to choose the ‘on active deck’ from the drop-down option.
The 'play' and 'select' options can be found by selecting 'deck controls' from the left list of the action dialog.

Now once OK is click for adding each of these actions, VirtualDJ will provide a dialog that states ‘This shortcut is already assigned. Click Yes to add the new shortcut and build up macros. Click No to replace the previous shortcut.’ Click ‘Yes’ to build up the macro.

-----
And there you go... a Macro is born !

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:26 pm
cstoll,

followed directions and VDJ did not provide any dialog to finish what you wanted me to do. Also, just an observation when you pull up the add dialog at the top there is a box that reads key. There is nothing in there, just a guess but shouldnt the key for which does this task be in there? Advise on what to do next ...

Thanks for your help,
Scott

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:39 pm

when you map, PRESS THE KEY to what you want it mapped to

That way the key will appear at the top where you see nothing

:)

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:41 pm
You guys rock! I just programmed something, SWEET! Now, any thoughts on the non scanned songs that slipped through the update?

Scott

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:11 am
skell11 wrote :
You guys rock! I just programmed something, SWEET! Now, any thoughts on the non scanned songs that slipped through the update?

Scott

What are you talking about? Non scanned songs that slipped through?

And sorry about the missed instruction -- will correct the manual's text.

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:51 am
@ cstoll

Dude you have been very helpful and I hope my looney questions are not grating your nerves but yes about 20 songs per folder after I upgraded came up with the little yellow ikon meaning they had never been anylized. even though the same duplicated song was just fine in another folder. I have 3 st folders All music, slow and dance. All the songs in slow and dance are dups from the all music, so I dont know how or why this changed from the upgrade.

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 6:03 am
69%