Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What the *&^% Virtual folders disapeared [SOLVED]

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What the *&^ spend 5 hours yesterday and today making virtual playlists saving several time now one hour later reopened VDJ5 and its all gone, what the hell is wrong with this update... so many problems...

geposted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 8:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is the option to show Virtual Folders checking in the Config -> Browser tab?

Are all your external drives connected when you launched VDJ this time?

Virtual Folders are stored in the respective databases of the external drives. So if you created a virtual folder with files from say your external E: drive then that Virtual Folder's info is stored on the E: drive database. If you open VDJ and the external drive is not connected then the Virtual Folders and Favorites associated with that drive will not be shown, because VDJ doesn't see the drive's database. Can easily be resolved by connecting and powering on the external drive. Give the O/S an opportunity to recognize the drive, then click anywhere on the left browser panel and the Favorites and Virtual Folders will show up.

cstoll

geposted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 10:30 am
I found the problem, my harddrive cable was switching power on and off, that made it crash! This one is not a bug well i cant blame vdj5 for not being able to keep up with a harddrive being plugged in and out sec and sec...

geposted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 9:48 am
I've had that same problem too. Cable to HD causes HD to go out after just a slight movement of the drive. have you determined if the problem is the wire or the place where it connects to the HD. I haven't figured out mine yet. But not sure if it is the wire or cord?

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 2:23 am
Mine was def. cable related! the one providing the power!

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 4:03 am
Ok it happened again, now not because of cable falure or anything... spend 2 hours working on a new virtual playlist for future gigs..

Finished the work, closed down to make sure all was stored, since i still have crashes from now and again... all do less then before.. mostly when starting up the first time after a full shutdown...

And gone the virtual folder was still there but no tracks inside.... :(((((((((

I spend too much hours on getting my database sorted out and cant afford this... def not ontop of all the timecode issues i am having..

geposted Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 1:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)