Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Results from my first V5 gig

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

All in all not bad. Ran pretty good. No crashes or lockups. CPU usage pretty much on point with version 4.3. I did have one strange bug that caused me to switch to the DVD player that I reported here.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75666/PC_version_bugs_report/Late_Automix_Bug.html

I did have a few automix issues with my fadein points... but I may not have had my automix settings set up properly. I will try this again next week.

The one deck automix is nice when you have to preview a bunch of new songs you haven't played yet. Gives you something to do while the automix is running.

However I am very dissapointed that I lost my "suggestion box". I used the suggestion box EVERY night I worked. It was great for me to easily find good songs to play very early in my night before the crowd showed up. The suggestion box was also great because it only gave you songs that weren't played that night yet. While I always find the automix to not be "smart"... the suggestion box was an innovative thing that I thought was VERY smart. If I was playing at around 8pm... it would suggest prior songs I played around that time (thus it wouldn't suggest my BEST songs that get played at midnite making this feature very usefull). This feature cannot be replicated with filter folders. Can we PLEASE bring this suggestion box back?

In the end... while the one deck automix was "ok"... I couldn't think of one particular new feature in V5 that I was "happy to have". Meaning I don't think there is anything that's new in V5 that I find really useful. I really cannot stand the album covers. Thats the first thing that gets turned off. It's a waste of real estate in the browser.

And since I am finding myself not using any of the new features... I may go back to 4.3 to get my suggestion box back (especially if this doesn't get added in 5.1). I can definitely live without the one deck automix.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 9:03 pm
Well there is one new feature I forgot to mention that I am kinda diggin' is the side list. I see that if I load up a song... but I decide to then load up something else the prior song gets moved to the sidelist. I have a question regarding this:

If a song gets moved to the sidelist... but never gets played.... does it come off the playlist history if I want to go back and look at that night's playlist?

In version 4.3... if the song stayed loaded long enough to trigger the video icon to show as "played"... it would appear in the history of the playlist. If I decided to play that same song later instead... I had two instances of that song on my history playlist for that night (not accurate).

But again... this is cool and all... but not as important to me as the suggestion box. ;)

geposted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 9:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 9:54 pm
cstoll wrote :

Ok, and this was recommended as a possible replacement to the suggestion box using a Filter Folder -
days since lastplay<3

Yes but the suggestion box actually suggested songs based on what TIME it was that you are playing, something more detailed than just setting lastplay<3. I am sure one of the developers can correct me if I am wrong... but when I asked about the suggestion box months ago this is what I thought I was told.

geposted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)