Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vdj 5.1 "unofficial" thread

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

As im not a developer i want to start an "unofficial" vdj 5.1 thread: here you can post what your wishes, improvements, bugs... want the dev team to include/correct in vdj 5.1.

I start with:
- My classic petition: Winamp, Windows Media visualizations support.
- Official support products: I mean vdj developers can consider BCD3000 as an oficial vdj controller. So vdj has to recognize it naturally ( some kind of plug and play).
An official vdj mapper has to be developed. This official vdj products can begin with the hardware page www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html ( supporting soundcards, controllers and mixers). So we wont depend on some people to code mappers to these products. It hast to be tested and given a vdj quality mark.
- Better library ( like amarok or windows media or winamp ) support.
- Official vdj codecs: codecs for avi, vob, etc ... That has the vdj quality mark and absolutely compatible with vdj.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 6:43 pm

Not a bad list :)

Hopefully you'll be a full member one day

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 6:50 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ejgutierrez

if you like the product why not SUPPORT vdj and buy the software if you have'nt already, they have done a lot for visulisations with the introduction of clipbank......

Tayla

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 6:51 pm
- Controllers support: something like http://ultramixer.com/index.php?c=cHJvZHVjdHM=&c2=c2NyZWVuc2hvdHM=

Tayla: its very close the day ill buy vdj. But as i said in other posts: 240 e + vat its a bit expensive so i want to be sure that it suits my needs before i buy it.
As i said in other posts my petitions are more or less the same ( not inventing new ones to not pay):
- good library support
- winamp and widows media visualizations support ( i havent had enough time to probe clipbank visualiztions).
- and some kind of soundcard and midi controller auto-detect with optimal configuration ( more accurate as you can)
- Official vdj plugins ( vdj or atomix has to guarantee that the plugins work and work well), also many people could code their own plugins, but it has to be an official bunch of plugins ( most used and most popular).
- Official vdj skins.
- Official vdj effects ( sound and video).
Most bugs and help needed that i read in this forums refers to the use of effects, skins, plugins, mappers with compatibility issues, buggys or poor quality ones.

Also in other post i said that in my opinion it wasnt fair the 20% discount offer the first day vdj was released. As we didnt have the trial version to download and try it before purchase. I think it would have been more fair to release the trial version for everybody and the same day put in the web the 20% discount offer. As im not a developer nor a beta tester its very difficult to spend 250 euros without testing it even two or three hours at least.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 7:18 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ejgutierrez

hi mate was'nt having a go and sorry have'nt seen, or have missed your previous posts, i've seen this software grow now for a few years and stumbled back across it at the beginning of january and my has it matured, so i had to make a decision back in febuary, like you now, and thought it was better to buy, then wait and missing out on the advantages it could give me now and i've never regretted that decision knowing full well that the improvements that i wanted were scheduled for future updates. my advice to you would be take a look at what it can assist you or enchance your show with now and be patient while waiting for any improvements that you would like to see because as with all software they are probably already working on another update with the improvements on your wish list, so don't miss out now, me i'm as happy as two pigs in a duck pond i've got what i want, go out and spoil yourself and enjoy, one other thing seek advice if you need it on the equipment that your using or going to update too its always here...cheers

Tayla

geposted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 8:10 pm
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My wish, be able to trigger vdj play button with my pioneer 3000 mixer faderstart, so that I can mix my vdj decks with the pioneer 3000 crossfader manually. Anyone who uses a bpm studio with alcatech fcu-8 (a little box with 8 input for remote start) will know what i,m talking about.

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 1:58 am
Yes! Faderstart would take it to another level! Especially with video.

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 2:03 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Auto stop back from 4.3 when loading a new track.. or at least an option (because you now have to manually adjust the bpm) this is for timecode users!

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 10:37 am
I wound like to Recurse on the files in the brower to stay on..

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:25 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would like to have an option to set linked crossfaders on delay.
So I can fix a delay for picture while I'am scratching using a crossfader.
You see if you do a scratch using a linked crossfaders the picture change/transformation from one to another video is too way fast and it can be very annoying.

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 5:05 pm
Would like to
1. Be able to view the results of the change in pitch on the turntable via the skin in RELATIVE mode. Pitch and slider only, not the wave form zooming in & out.
2. Be able to choose whether or not you want the clone deck to carry over the pitch.
3. Be able to view sub-crates within, when you select the parent crate.
(FOR TCV/TCCD USERS)

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 5:25 pm
FunkenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would like more advanced soundcard settings, so i can route the channels trough my Adat interface, right now i am stuck with
one output wtih my TC Konnekt 24D, but i have 8 on my Adat.. Some other players can do it, why not VDJ?

And another thing, to use VDJ as a VST plugin... would make my life so much cool to
live... :-)

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 6:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)