Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Automixing Function?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJMAGNOHome userMember since 2007
I am new to this community. I currently spin with CDI-500s and Pio DJM-400. I would like to use the full version of VDJ/Cue mainly for all other genres except hip hop as i like to cut it up and remix it with cds or at least until i am more familiar with this product.

My question is...i have downloaded the "trial" version of the software and of course the automixing function isn't avaliable and for some reason when i click the play button it is delayed by maybe a millisecond, causing my mixes to get off. Is this the case for the full version?

How exactly does the "Automix" function work? What exactly does it do? If i click on the auto mix button does it automatically mix with the beat or is it set so that when i click play it automatically aligns itself with the other track?

Magno!

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 2:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
check the sticky topic V5 new features manual

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:14 pm
The AutoMix-function has been changed completely in Virtual DJ 5.0. In earlier versions of Virtual DJ it could work as follow: if deck A is playing with the fader to deck A also, pressing AutoMix would start deck B if a song is loaded and automatic fade to deck B. With a little creativity it was a handy DJ mixing or editing-tool.

As far as I know in Virtual DJ 5.0 it works completly different. Now you have to drag\add tracks to the playlist on the rightside of the skin, select Automix with the button above the Plus, and select the time and kind of crossfade etc by clicking the Plus. To start the crossfade just double-click on the song in the playlist. Crossfades are made on just 1 deck!!!
I'm still trying to figure out some of the settings. But it is sure that Automix in Virtual DJ 5.0 is not able to do what was possible in earlier versions. Now it kind of does what lots of mediaplayers can also do. Only difference is that you can click on any song listed in the playlist and it will crossfade. Other mediaplayers usually can do that only in random order.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 6:22 am
Virtual DJ 5.0 now supports both Automix and Autocrossfade. More info can be found at:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75527/General_Discussion/AUTOMIX_SHORTCUT_(For_those_who_miss_the_Automix_button_in_skin___).html?highlight=automix%20shortcut.

To create a shortcut for the auto-crossfade here some info, thanks to

cstoll (moderator)

Here is the text from the future FULL User Guide for V5 --

Shortcut Macro

A shortcut macro is the process of assigning multiple actions to the same key or key combination. The power of the macro comes from the

order they are listed. So open the Configuration dialog and select the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.

Here is an example of a highly request macro that provides a ‘Mix Now’ capability.

The actions to be used are auto_crossfade, play, and select and assigned to the Space bar for activation.

- auto_crossfade – moves the crossfader

- play – activates the play of the track

- select – changes which deck is now the active deck

To build the macro, add the auto_crossfade action first. Select the Add button to get the action dialog. Hit the ‘Space’ bar to add that to the

Key section. Choose the ‘all’ in the left list, then ‘auto_crossfade’ from the middle list. Use the drop-down and select ‘on active deck’. Then

click OK.

Repeat this process for ‘play’ and ‘select’ and be sure to choose the ‘on active deck’ from the drop-down option. The ‘play’ and ‘select’

options can be found in the ‘deck controls’ option of the left list.

Now once OK is click for adding each of those actions, VirtualDJ will provide a dialog that states ‘This shortcut is already assigned. Click Yes

to add the new shortcut and build up macros. Click No to replace the previous shortcut.’ Click ‘Yes’ to build up the macro.

And once each item is added, click ‘OK’ at the bottom of the Configuration dialog and test shortcut.

In this example the ‘Space’ bar was used and is not the required key in order to make it work. Any key or key combination can be used as

long as all actions are assigned to that key. Also, remember the power is in the order of the actions. If this macro is configured in a different

order the results of functionality can differ.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75527/General_Discussion/AUTOMIX_SHORTCUT_(For_those_who_miss_the_Automix_button_in_skin___).h

tml?highlight=automix%20shortcut

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 10:17 am
So far i am VERY disappointed with this software. Whenever i press play on the interface, it is delayed by like a millisecond. I would like to be able to press play like on my cd players and the instant i do it starts.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 6:34 pm
As far as I you're the first with those complains. Maybe it has to do with your computer, software, codecs or soundcard?

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 2:36 am
As far as I know you're the first one with those complains. Maybe it has to do with your computer, software, codecs or soundcard? Otherwise just check the forums.

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 2:38 am
I am running a Compaq l/t with XP SP2, 512 RAM. I have heard that this software uses a lot of RAM, is it because of the low amount of RAM?

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:11 pm
Doubt you would notice it if it was a millisecond. I used to run VDJ on a system with 512 ram, and didn't have problems. BUT if your laptop is pretty old, it's possible it's not up to par.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:28 am
I figured that someone would comment about the "millisecond"...lets just say that the instant i press the button it doesn't engage the track being played. My laptop was purchased brand new in February from the Bestbuy business website. Either way i am unsatisfied with the product because of that one reason, otherwise i think that its pretty cool.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 3:35 am
DJMAGNO wrote :
Bestbuy business website.

thats probably why, 99.9% of business designed computers are designed to do stuff an old 486 would do. spreadsheets,MS word..etc.
the soundcard on that thing is probably out of date right out of the box, due to spreadsheets dont require sound or good graphics. but probably has 1 really good warrentee.

try something that is designed for gaming and you'll have less issues.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:26 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)