Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ not saving my analyzed songs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Okay, this is a problem that's been reaaaaallly cheesing me off, I analyzed my entire MP3 archive, and got all the cues set almost perfect for all the songs, and almost everytime I do a set and close down Virtual DJ, and re-open it, I find that most of the songs I used are now treated like their being seen for the first time, meaning, the BPM's are gone, the cues are gone, and now I have to go and do all of that all over again, I always save my history before exiting, I don't know what's causing this, it's a problem because, I was DJ'ing a couple weeks back, and I had a selected list of songs to mix, and half of them didn't have BPM's or my cue points and it destroyed the whole mix...

Please, any suggestions?

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 3:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
What version are you using?

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 3:14 pm
Right now, version 3

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 3:14 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Latest trial version is 5.
No trial for version 3 for over 1 year now.
If by some chance you are using a cracked version, then that is the problem.
However if this is a legal version than be sure to register.

geposted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:29 pm
I don't think it's a cracked version, and this is just now happening, I haven't done a THING to Virtual DJ, all the settings are fine, and I don't know it might be my computer, anyone else have this problem? I would really like some feedback on this because it is a nuisance to having to keep reanalyzing/setting new cue points

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 2:55 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJSparkxxx01 wrote :
I don't think it's a cracked version...

Did you buy it yourself through this site - www.virtualdj.com/purchase ?

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:30 am
I didn't buy anything, it's my brother's, HE bought it, when he gave me his laptop he had PCDJ and Virtual DJ 3, so I tried both for DJ'ing and liked VDJ a LOT better, but getting back to my question, please help.

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 5:02 am

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 5:26 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe u should ask ur brother to register it n get the updates.. V3 is already ancient n u miss a great deal of new features.. Then if he really dun wanna use his licensed anyl onger , he should write to support to get any advice if he could transfer the ownership to u.. As DJ whitedvl said it couldnt be done but no harm of askin for alternatives. If can't then sorry man u gotta buy this ur own:)

BTW i really do hope u dun have the cracked copies,,,Y dun u try the new V5 demo n see the different:)

All the best

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:48 am
If he tries the v5.0 he'll have even MORE problems! It happenned to me... I downloaded it and CABOOOM all is lost! Exactly as he described. So what can you say now hum?! "Try the 5.0 version, you'll see how good it is!!!" Bullshit...

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 12:35 pm
Dj Tolentino wrote :
If he tries the v5.0 he'll have even MORE problems! It happenned to me... I downloaded it and CABOOOM all is lost! Exactly as he described. So what can you say now hum?! "Try the 5.0 version, you'll see how good it is!!!" Bullshit...

So what do you mean all is gone? And, his problem is different from yours. Please post what you are experiencing.

@Sparkx - sorry about the situation. But as stated the license is non-transferable. However, something must have changed. Look at the C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ folder and the file that is titled - VirtualDJ Database.xml - is that set to Read Only (right click on the files and select properties)

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 1:11 pm
Ok so I opened a new post a few days ago explaining what my problems are but I don't seem to find it anymore... skyfxl answered to my post but what he told me to do didn't work. Maybe you can help me, cstoll, since you wrote that big user's guide. So this is the problem:

- I downloaded the 5.0 trial and it was working pretty good. It didn't recognize the musics (BPM, Cue points: it had the yellow mark) but I didn't bother about it.
- When I oppened my VDJ previous version, first of all it gave me the "Corrupted database" then the "Low screen resolution for this version" Warning boxes and I was like: "okay... this is not normal, it never happenned" =s
- A few moments later I noticed all the work I had done in the last months was gone i.e. the BPMs, the Comments, etc.. My musics were like "first seen" in that version.
- So I went to E:\\Virtual DJ Folder (it's where that version is installed), oppenned all the folders to see if there was any problem and in the Skins folder I noticed all of them were gone! Lost, you know?...
- Now I have uninstalled the 5.0 version because it looks like it's giving me more problems than benefits. I just want my older VDJ back WITH the skins... because now I don't have them, which means I can't open VDJ.

PLEASE help me =(
I don't bother doing all the work again, I just want my good old VDJ version!

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 1:38 pm

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 1:42 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Tolentino

Sorry that V5 isnt werkin for u but that doesnt mean that it did not werk for u, it will not for him:) As u stated at ur previous post, v5 actually werks good but only the bpm / database that give u issue.... doesn't that ring a bell...when u said "bullshit".. We r here to help n try to diagnose the situation but u try to destroy that with ur negative remarks... Why ? only because the database issue>>? Try to ask again in ur own thread pls n i sure there be ppl will help ya:) Sorry i have to say like this but i have to say to my observations that indeed V5 offer more features but like all newly out software, it is not yet perfect,,I too have an issue with v5 but rather than say this software not right, it betta try to check ur settings or tweak the system first n get a ultimate results for ur needs..

N Btw wat version r u using b4 downloading V5?? Home version or the djc edition?
Have u tried what skyfxl asked u to do again?:)

Peace n cheers

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 2:53 pm
Oh sorry, didn't know that about the licenses thing, does this mean I have to stop using the program? :S .. and lol @ version 5, is it really that much better? I've seen screenshots of V4, is it something like that? or better lol :)

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 3:04 pm
Ok... I'm sorry about my vocabulary. Probably I freaked out because everyone is having issues and for me VDJ has always been so perfect that I'm probably not used to see you guys failing. Please excuse me.

Anyway I just want my VDJ as it was =( I lost my skins and I'd love to have them back. I'm using the djc edition, because of the DJ Control MP3 console.

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 3:22 pm
OK, so let's get your DJC Edition back up -- Need some answers --

1. You mention that your DJC Edition was installed in E:\\Virtual DJ, correct?
2. Look in your MyDocuments folder do you have a Virtual DJ folder ?
3. Is there a VirtualDJ Database.xml file in that folder?
4. Are there any other files that have filename with the word - Database - in them?
5. Look in the Virtual DJ folder is there a skins folder - do you have any skins there?

We will get through this. But those questions are important.

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)