Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV problem on Mac using Boot Camp

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,
I recently reinstalled bootcamp 1.4 and windows xp on my new MBP as bootcamp 1.1 would not allow the mac drivers disc to install. Have installed windows XP and VDJ 5 and everything is working fine apart from:

Time coded Vinyl configuration does not work. Before when I configured it on a pc, both decks were instantly 100%. I have tried fiddling with the weights on the turntables and have checked the settings on the Maya44 sound card - all seem ok. The TCV does control the deck but the small triangle displayed on each deck in VDJ (indicating TCV is working) does not appear. I realise that the triangle disappears when the deck is stopped but it doesn't appear at all making me think something is wrong. A couple of times the TCV did not respond at all.

Any suggestions on configuring TCV with the above setup.

Thanks in advance

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 8:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lets start with the basics try this settings on the vdj options

and try this on the maya console

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:24 pm
Thanks for quick response.

Just tried this but to no success. Changing the ASIO control panel settings to Rapid and High made the sound really poor eg. crackling and breaking up. So I have put this back to original settings. The Settings in VDJ didn't really make a difference and certainly has not helped the TCV configuration as both decks still remain on 100%. I appreciate your help here.

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:05 pm
how are you grounding ?

how big is the waveform , small or large?

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:26 pm
The wave form (in the config) is normal and have tried fiddling with this to make it larger/smaller to no avail.

I thought my vinyl decks might have a problem but this removes that querry from the equation...I unplugged my MBP and plugged in my old Dell laptop (all hardware the same accept for the computer) and TCV works perfect and 100% on both decks without any need to config. This is weird!

geposted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:38 pm
Sorry my the first part of my last message was not clear:

I am grounding the vinyl decks to the amplifier ground terminal. The wave form appears normal in that I can make it bigger/smaller by adjusting the volume input from the aiso control panel. But this still does not affect the TCV config.

I put both computers (my mac and the dell) side by side and settings are exactly the same in the config but the dell laptop config works at 100% on both decks and the MBP running bootcamp and xp is 0% on both decks in the TCV config.

Anyone else having this problem?

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 12:26 am
Just gone to try a video on the mac and it freezes badly every time!!! Have tried fiddling with display settings in windows and performance settings in VDJ. I am sad and about to give up with it - spent hours trying to get a good setup. I thought I could get a version up and running (as expected my dell is not quick enough for video but runs music fine however the mac using bootcamp TCV does not work properly and NO video). Fed up and may as well go and buy double cd player atleast that will work! I wonder if it will work better if I installed vista on the mac instead of XP? I can see myself spending another day trying to set this up. Is all this hassle and money really worth it?

geposted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 2:06 pm
Yes, all the hassle will be worth it. There are a select few of us who are running similar systems with Bootcamp and XP. I have had a few problems with my signals and video from time to time. I am running a Macbook Pro 2.33 ghz, 3 gb ram with bootcamp and XP. Only video. I have never even loaded and MP3. I played live Friday and Saturday night. No issues, so it can be done. Just need to tweak it here and there. Lets start from square one:

1: What model Macbook Pro are you using?

2: What Soundcard?

< MODS > Can you move this to the Mac forum? I bet he'd get more help. I rarely come into the tech support forum.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 6:48 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I had serious problems when upgrading 2... you can read all about it in other posts... when i reinstalled bootcamp the problems remained, only after repartioning the drive most problems disappeared. however most of my timecode problems remained and are caused by the new timecode engine that does not automaticly stop when loading a new track as it did in 4.3.. this also results in non starting of the new track loaded, even so my timecode signal is there and good. dont think this will help you much... but if you have other problems outside of the timecode.. really have to go very very clean and repartition..

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 9:23 am
[MOVED TO MAC FORUM]

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 2:04 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
< MODS > Can you move this to the Mac forum? I bet he'd get more help. I rarely come into the tech support forum.

Tell me about it.

Even I don't go to the tech support forum. =P

skyfxl wrote :
[MOVED TO MAC FORUM]

Thanks sky.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 10:04 pm
sorry if i missed it but what soundcard are you using on the windows side?

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 10:59 pm
Hi,
Thanks for replies.

My MBP is 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo/2GB/128MB VRAM/120GB 5400rpm (15-inch).

Maya44 usb sound card

2 technics 1210s

Dac3

Re: my VIDEO problems
I have tried a few different settings to no solution yet but have noticed that I can run video successfully if I untick "hardware acceleration" - unfortunately this means the video effects no longer work! I like the video effects and would like to use them.
Re: my TCV problem
I still does not configure of recognise TCV (remains at 0%) on this setup. If I use my old dell - everything works! But I really would like it working fully on MBP!!! I'm cure it will be worth it.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:24 pm
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1440 x 900 resolution
2GB memory
120GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 128MB SDRAM

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)