Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Locking deck A + B

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can deck A and deck B of Virtual DJ both be cue-ed by giving them both a cue-point so that they are locked and stay in sync while using just
one of the decks to jog backward or forward (or click just 1 play-button to start both deck A and B at the same time) ? This is more an analog
editing tool, but can be very handy for mix or editing audio or video.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 12:40 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You can use the "beatlock" function, which does what you mean.

As for audio and video editing, there are specific tools, because VirtualDJ is a live editing tool...

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 1:50 pm
I think Virtual DJ is not ony a live editing tool but for a part also can function as a editing tool. Of course you can use ACID Pro, Adobe Audition or other progs to edit audio and video. But Virtual DJ can be used as an sort of editing tool as well. Adding some more editing-tools could be a great improvement.
Beatlocking is something completly different than locking both deck A + B while using just 1 deck to jog back- or forward or using 1 play-button to start both decks.
But it all depends on the things you want to do with audio and video and the tools available to do that.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 7:51 pm
you can assign a shortcut, here's an example

1. config/keyboardshortcuts "play" assign it to deck 1 on "j" (doesnt matter what key you choose)
2. config/keyboardshortcuts "play" assign it to deck 2 on "j"
3. a pop up box will show click yes to add shortcut and build up macros

hope this helps, you could also later assign that same shortcut to a controller or Midi device VIA mapper (the possabilities are almost endless)

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 8:01 pm
Thanx for the reaction, 101010101. Seems you do understand what I mean. I'll try to figure it out how to lock both decks. Hope that not only 1 play-button can be used while deck A + B are locked but also that just 1 deck can be used to jog back-or forward while deck A + B are locked and react the same.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 8:15 pm
yeah, no problem, comes in handy when you wanna get the crowd with an accapella - instramental mix as a start off or a multi-instance,
or even creating something new.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 8:44 pm
[101010101] Can you please provide me with a description also how to lock deck A + B so that they response the same while using just 1 deck to jog?

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 3:28 am
i could try and figure it out, i had a labor day event this evening just got home. i'll work on it tomorrow sometime and respond when i figure it out. gotta check out some of the new shortcut names etc. and test it

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 8:29 am
That's, of course, great anyhow. Thanx 4 now! If by then I figured it out myself I'll let you know, so u don't have to waste your time.

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:37 am
no problem, nothings a waste of time, new ideas usually occure while tinkering, or exploring options :)

could make a new keyboard shortcut config "save a copy of the original"

duplicate all the shortcuts on your new config you want to use and set 1 copy to deck 1 and the other copy to deck 2 on the same keys.

but the only thing that has me stumped, is jumping between the new config to the old to separate the decks and lock em back on the fly without using the mouse to reload them.

*i just got an idea for new features or a plugin or a possable macro that would support this at a faster pace,
trying to figure a way to toggle shortcuts config on the fly w/o using the mouse, or maybe it's time for more hardware for me lol

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 6:52 pm
[101010101]

Haven't figured it out yet myself.
Problem is that locking and unlocking deck A + B should be done easily and quickly. For example by simply giving them both a cue-point at any point, then having the option to activate (or de-activate) the Lock-function for both decks by just clicking the Activate c.q. Deactivate Lock-button. But therefore there should be a (new created) button in the interface. Maybe an excisting button can be assigned to do that without conflicts (as all buttons are already assigned to a function of VDJ).

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:46 am
[101010101] I also posted a message about the Locking-topic to the "Wishes and new features-Forum". I added an extra feature to the Locking-feature. Maybe you can take a look at it too. Sended to the "Wishes and new features-Forum":

(This could be a description how to set the new features:)

- New Lock-function:
Give deck A and deck B at any point both a cue-point and then lock or sync both decks (NOT like the lock or sync for BPM!) so that they response exactly the same while using just 1 of the decks to jog backward or forward. While locked they will also start both at the same time by using just 1 Play-button.

- New Go-To-function:
Give deck A and deck B at any point both a cue-point. Then give just 1 deck (either Deck A or B) at another point a second cue-point. If now the New Go-To-function is used the deck WITHOUT second cue-point will automaticly go to the second cue-point which is set for the other deck.

For both functions the interface should contain some new extra buttons and displays, as everything should be within reach and view.

Actually those functions are just an basic analog editing tool but can be used for so much more. Integrating it in Virtual DJ gives users an extra mixing tool and can save time. It just would make things even easier.
As they say: the only limit is your own creativity!

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 6:03 am
PS Important additional Note for the "New Go-To-function":

NOTE: With this type of GO-TO feature the TIME-FRAME between 2 cue-points of a deck are used to automaticly find the second cue-point for a deck with just 1 cue-point to set the same time-frame for both decks.

- New Go-To-function:
Give deck A and deck B at any point both a cue-point. Then give just 1 deck (either Deck A or B) at another point a second cue-point. If now the New Go-To-function is used the deck WITHOUT second cue-point will automaticly go to the second cue-point which is set for the other deck.

geposted Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 8:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)