Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Favorites disappear (not due to power/cable problem)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

System setup:

Notebook PC
VDJ 5 rev2
Hercules MK2
Freecom FHD-2 Pro 80 GB external drive, usb connection; power cable NOT necessary (DC 5V)

Problem:
Favorite folder disappears

Symptom:
When I start VDJ all my gear is connected; from the left browser, I click on Desktop > My PC > External Drive (F:) > "Music" . I set this folder as a favorite. All my MP3's are there, everything is allright. I shut down Virtual DJ. Then if I start Virtual DJ again, the favorite folder 'Music' is gone!! But other favorite folders from the C: drive are preserved.

Question: Is it possible to "force" a favorite folder to be there? Maybe through the registry?

Additional info: during installation (upgrade of Virtual DJ from 4.3 to 5 Rev2 ), the external drive was NOT connected to the computer.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 6:01 pm
Funny thing... when I upgraded to 5.0, my external drive wasn't connected either. And my favorites/virtual folders are also disappearing.

Unfortunately, the warning to upgrade/launch 5.0 while your PC was connected to your performance setup came too late for me. I'm going to uninstall 5.0 and then reinstall it with the external HD, DAC3 and Maya 44 USB all connected.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 6:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please see page 6 of the user manual. If you have not downloaded the v5 Rev2 install, please download and use that or install overtop of your current 5.0 install. It resolves some of the database issues from the first public release of 5.0

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 6:31 pm
ok but anyway I can't understand why... why is the "favorite" folder disappearing everytime I exit the program? this has to be a bug.

also: why the hell there is no option to hear the equalizer changes on the pre-listen of a track? must we re-install DJ Cel's software to enable this feature?

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 7:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJRogerBorges -- These are the steps I sent to HeyDJBren -- they worked for him

cstoll wrote :
Bren - when you did the upgrade and launch VDJ v5 for the first time - was your external drive plugged in and powered on?

If not, make sure you are setup (external hard drives) like you would be for a gig.
Go to your external drive(s) root (e.g. F: ) and rename the VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml -to- VirtualDJ Local Database v5.orig
Go to the My Documents->VirtualDJ folder and rename the VirtualDJ Database v5.xml -to- VirtualDJ Database v5.orig
Now, look at the other .xml file you should have a copy of your v4 file - VirtualDJ Database (username).xml
If not, stop here and post back. If so, great! Launch VirtualDJ an what should happen is that V5 will use your v4 DB XML to rebuild the V5 database files. This in turn should have all your info from v4.

Hope they work for you...

cstoll

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 12:54 pm
Hello!!
If you are running VISTA disable the UAC (user acount control) in the control panel, and then everything will be ok!! Coooooool!!!!

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:25 pm
The above answer is for the problem with favorite folder

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:28 pm
allright I'll try that when I get home, thanks so much for posting! (yes I'm on Vista)

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:55 am
YES, disabling the UAC (user acount control) in the control panel of Vista SOLVED the problem of disappearing Favorites. Thank you very much!

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 9:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)