Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question......

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I know that v5 has the ability of brining just a hard drive to a gig and plugging that in and all of stored cue points and comments being saved. What about going from XP to VISTA. This might be a stupid question, but I am curious. Will the information work switching from one OS to the other, and has anyone tried it? Just curious please let me know.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 3:43 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TearEmUp - in theory and by design the answer is Yes. One of the reasons for going to the My Documents folder for storing the core VDJ database was because of the Vista O/S and it's stupid UAC feature (MS bug).

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:53 am
Cool thanks Chris, now I wonder if CUE users can drag an EXT HD to a club and plug and play, but as we have discovered, the data base it named the right way. I might have to try it one night.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 5:06 am
u better test it first!

thats one thing i was always able to do with ssl....but i never tried it with vdj.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 5:12 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Straight from the DevTeam - In CUE and VV as with VirtualDJ -- "the database file is still called "VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml" (so that CUE and VirtualDJ users can hotplug the same harddrives)."

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 5:45 am
Thanks Cstoll, now GO TO BED!!!....lol..

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 6:10 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)