Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gigaport AG and Windows XP Question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djzim4PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Over a year ago I purchased Virtual Dj and a Gigaport AG USB soundcard. Everything worked perfect. I simply plugged in the Gigaport and every ran perfectly.

A few months ago my Hard Drive crashed and I had to reinstall everything.

Now I can't get the Gigaport Driver to install. Halfway through the installation I get the good old blue screen and the computer turns off.

I am not to sure why it worked perfectly for over a year, now I can't even use it. I have always used Windows XP.

I have contacted ESI (Gigaport AG company) and no one has got back to me. I always have great luck with advise in this forum.

If anyone can help me I would much appreciate it. I want to get Virtual DJ back up and running through my USB and not my headphone jack.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DJZim4

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:12 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like you have more than the hard drive issue -- when the install asks you to Plugin the Gigaport, are you using the same USB port as before? If so, have you tried a different port?

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:54 pm
djzim4PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i have tried both usb conrctions and nothing. it tends to crash right after it tells me to plug it back in.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 4:30 am
You 'have' reinstalled your latest chipset drivers haven't you?

If that isn't it, then follow this :-

1. Click Start, and click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
2. Click System, and then click the Hardware tab.
3. Click the Device Manager button.
4. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
5. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
6. Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.

You may need your windows disk for the above, windows will re-detect and reinstall all the drivers for your USB ports.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:52 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)