Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone using .MKV videos?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just wondering if anyone is using .mkv videos? I have a few on my HD and just realized they are not showing up in Virtual Vinyl (VDJ). I'm sure there is some sort of codec out there but figured it would be better to ask here first.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:07 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:13 pm
Yeah, I've been checking around the net and came across similar links. Hence: Anyone using .mkv videos? is pertaining to anyone here using them....

Hate to come off rude but, if you don't use them...why post? I'm looking for advice from someone who is successfully using .mkv in VDJ.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 9:20 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Hate to come off rude but,

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Look before you leap kid. Building relationships is what the DJ community is about.

But you did C5....your lack of tolerance sometimes is quiet rude.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 9:35 pm
mintersPRO InfinityMember since 2006
go into the codecs tab in settings and add a new extention "mkv" without quotes and change decoder to video decoder. make sure you have a codec to play .mkv files and vdj will recognise tham and should play them

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:23 am
TearEmUp wrote :

Don't even think about flaming me. This forum is very helpful for eveyone, but I see to much 'BAD' information in it. If you don't know the answer to someone's thread...Just don't post. It's simple. I'm not going to dumb it down with a few :-) and :P to make it seem ok. I'd rather no one answer, than someone who isn't using the correct stuff. Wrong or Right?

Oh and that 2nd quote you put up out of context. I thought it to be quite ok. Don't blow my thread out if you don't know what your talking about. Wrong or Right?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:32 am
minters wrote :
go into the codecs tab in settings and add a new extention "mkv" without quotes and change decoder to video decoder. make sure you have a codec to play .mkv files and vdj will recognise tham and should play them

Thank you for your incite.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:35 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I am not flaming you Charlie...I was pointing out your lack of tolerance, and your duplicitous statements made during the same day. As you yourself stated this is an open forum. Now, neighbor, calm down step back and see this from a different perspective...I need to go destroy my C5 action figures now..thanks... ;-) ;-P ;) did I forget any?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:39 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
TearEmUp wrote :

Don't even think about flaming me. This forum is very helpful for eveyone, but I see to much 'BAD' information in it. If you don't know the answer to someone's thread...Just don't post. It's simple. I'm not going to dumb it down with a few :-) and :P to make it seem ok. I'd rather no one answer, than someone who isn't using the correct stuff. Wrong or Right?

Oh and that 2nd quote you put up out of context. I thought it to be quite ok. It was a simple ---> Don't blow my thread out if you don't know what your talking about. Wrong or Right?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:39 am
Let's play nice guys. Anyway, I've been seeing some MKV vids poppin up on the net. The only thing that plays is for me is VLC. I've been trying to find more information on the format used so now I have a jumping off point. Love the quality.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:42 am
minters wrote :

Yup, that's it.

But I didn't do anything more than just add the "mkv" extension and select "video decoder".

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:52 am
i wish i was in here earlier. I too don't like answers from people that don't know.

I can't tell u because i havent tried to play mkv in vdj.

heres my face signal c5:

888888===========))

use your imagination..........rated g. ha...wait...haha....wait.........ha!

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 6:19 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)