Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Follow up songs.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would be nice if we could right click on a song and choose and option called "followup"

This would then display a list of songs we have deemed good follow-ups to the chosen song.

Certain songs just go great with other songs, and it would be nice to not have to remember all possibilities... especially when we have 3-4 minutes to perfectly blend in another song.

It's also useful when you work out certain mixes in advance, or if you want to make the switch from one genre to another, like hip hop to dance. It won't sound good with all combinations, but when you find one that does, it'd be great to be able to put it in such a list.

Yeah, I know there's a comment field :-), but i'd rather be able to see a list of songs that I can directly load up, and use the comment field for other notes such as "this song's bpm constantly varies, forget about looping it", etc...

And as a complementary feature, we would be able to add a comment per song combination. Like if you put song 2 in song 1's follow up list, you could have a comment for that combination saying "These songs blend great together only if you kill the bass of song 1".

geposted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 10:00 am
I said this months ago and I still think it's a great idea.

Would still love to see full built in ID3 support too ;-)

geposted Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 12:02 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't know about having ID3 support. It would be nice, but the ID3 parser that exists now made the scrolling of the playlist incredibly slow.

geposted Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 7:28 am
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The idea of "Follow up song" List and a text link to each song is top on my wishlist.

To save screen estate, how about using note tab so when two songs are opened (1 for each deck) the two notes for each songs are available in hand.

For us mixing DJs, MIXING NOTE is very important, it is our knowledge.

One step further, how about ONE xml file (knowledge base) storing all mixing note for all songs in the VDJ database. Picture this if I am playing “Body rock”, vdj will display what mixing note I have in knowledge base ("Follow up song" list) to follow this song, when I select “Somebody’s watching me”, VDJ will extract the part of mixing note for “Body rock” mix with “Somebody’s watching me” from knowledge base and display in the notepad tab between the two decks(the position between the 2 faders and above cross fader). And I can follow the note and mix them live (mixing live with confidence is where the fun is). You won’t forget the best position to mix in anymore, even though you last mix them decades ago.

geposted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 10:37 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Isn't the 'Suggestion Box' kinda like the 'follow up list' you are looking for? I don't use the suggestion box much, but it is my impression that it populates based on other songs you have played with or near the current song in the past.

geposted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 4:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)