Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: may have to do re install guidance please...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi

have had to bring this over from another forum as its linked in another old thread and not getting noticed and really don't want to contact dev as i know they've got enough on their plate just now...this initially concerned video drivers and output quality....

"@ cyder

as promised an update, did a re install of drivers as suggested unfortunately no joy there so got onto their "tech guys" and they are suggesting that as its under warranty i take it to their repair department for a re install, advice i need now is if i take the vdj folder from my documents and put it tempoarily on my E/HD where my music files are, then return the folder to the lappy after a re install, will i lose any or all information that i've put in since the update. this has got me crappin myself because i've spent days filling in missing file info especially on video side of things and i'm only upto "Q" alphabetically so advice from anyone if cyder is not available appreciated, as i've got to go to the shop shortly and the weekend starts tonight and a new venue begins tomorrow, thanks for any help..."

Tayla

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tayla - you should be fine with what you are asking. The key files are the XML files in the My Documents->VirtualDJ folder. However, if you copy the whole VirtualDJ folder to your external, then copy it back when you get your laptop back (after an install of VirtualDJ) then yes things should be there as before.

cstoll

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:46 pm
thanks cstoll

off to the shop right now, still crappin it lol...

Tayla

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:56 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
yep just move the files in my documents right over to the new install. With the new database system external drives have their own database.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:29 pm
cstoll & cyder

update:-

just back from the shop, moved folder back and everything seems hunky dory (thank god) just busy putting all the pluggins back in, ran the first video and bugger same fault, looks like a new card they said if this problem persisted, anyway thanks for the help...cheers

Tayla

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)