Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: so the new ver5.2 fixed the missing comments

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

when i loaded the 5.0 ver. i lost all my comments from 4.3 and i cant have that when i am doing a gig. i cant have adult word like you know the 4 letter kind .so put a hell of alot time and money into listening to the words and the i hade put a code in my comments if the song was clean or dirty. then v.5 came and i loaded it and they were gone any help out there i need those comments .(needless to say i am back useing verv 4.3) i would like to use ver5.2 and all so is there a way that i can stop it from downloading album covers i dont need them. and i like my hard drive space.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 4:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Go to Config -> the Browser tab and for the Comment setting - set to Don't Read.

OK, read the manual that is installed in the My Documents -> VirtualDJ folder - it explains the other questions you have.
Also, read the first post at the top of this forum for addition info about getting the databases optimized for better performance.

And, back to your Comments issue; these were all VirtualDJ comment entries right? If so, then I would strongly recommend not using the Get Comments from ID3tags options that are now available. Those options will take what is in the ID3Tags and overwrite your VDJ comments. Hence my reason for the suggestion above.

cstoll

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 4:42 pm
thanks thats fine but idont even see a place fore the comments

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 4:50 pm
sorry ...but do you guys sell the time code cd anymore???

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 4:53 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jdotano40 wrote :
thanks thats fine but idont even see a place fore the comments

The manual has that information. If you are talking about the Comment column? Right click on an existing column and select the Comment option.
For editing the Comments, right click on a file and select the File Info option. And I already mentioned the Comment setting in the Config->Browser tab.

As for the TimeCode it's downloadable from the site. Go above to Downloads -> TimeCode CD

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:18 pm
so i am going to reload the v5.2 now just to be sure how can i move my data base to the new ver.
and the time code cd is making a huming noise any idea it plays the song but i here a bad hum and is it better to use 2 sound cards with it

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:02 pm
so i am going to reload the v5.2 now just to be sure how can i move my data base to the new ver.
and the time code cd is making a huming noise any idea it plays the song but i here a bad hum and is it better to use 2 sound cards with it

geposted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)