Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5.x vs. VDJ 4.x [SOLVED]

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have already posted what happenned with my Virtual DJ skins a week ago but I still have the same problems and the answers I was given didn't fix it...

So I downloaded the new 5.x VDJ trial in order to see how good it was and the next time I open my Virtual DJ 4.x version I have Error Boxes concerning my screen resolution and the "xml file for my skins". Next thing I notice, my ORIGINAL v 4.x skins are deleted... Apparently v 5.x deleted them. Like COMPLETELY erased them...

Now I've uninstaled the VDJ 5.x trial because I thought it could make my 4.x version get back to normal but no: I have the same error boxes because, of corse, the VDJ 4.x skins were deleted.

What I would like to ask the Virtual DJ team is: "Is there a way to get my v. 4.x original skin files (Basic Interface, Power Audio Interface, Full audio and video Interface, Internal mixer Interface) so that I dont have Error Boxes or Resolution problems?"

I would just like to have everything as it was =(

Please give me an answer, it would be great...

Thank you

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 7:58 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a VirtualDJ.zip file in the C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Skins folder? What is the date of the file?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:07 pm
Yes, I have 3 of them... 2 of them have been recently downloaded by me in order to try and solve this (it didn't work) but the other one is a zip file called "VDJ4 Full & Mixer" and it's date is "September 2nd of 2006".

What can I do with it?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:24 pm
Look in your My Documents do you have a VirtualDJ folder there from the V5 Demo install?

And are you comfortable with the registry?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:31 pm
No, I uninstaled everything I had concerning VDJ v.5 demo...

What is the registry? =S

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:53 pm
You are using XP correct?

If so, go to your Start button, click.
Click on the Run... menu choice
Type regedit in the box, and click OK

Application opens -
Left hand panel is like a folder browser -
Click on the + to the left of the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder
Click on the + to the left of the Software folder
Scroll down to the VirtualDJ folder and click on the folder
The right panel is populated with various entries - find the one labeled - Home Folder
Double Click on it and change the value to C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ

Back to the left panel - Scroll down to the bottom
Click on the + to the left of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder
Click on the + to the left of the SOFTWARE folder
Scroll down to the VirtualDJ folder and click on the folder
The right panel is populated with various entries - find the one labeled - Home Folder
Double Click on it and change the value to C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ

This should resolve your issue.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 9:10 pm
I am impressed... I realy am cstoll! I think I'll never forget how helpfull this was and how fast and with precision you helped me.

Many thanks for this, I am SOOOO happy, everything is as it was =') Cue Points, BPM, EVERYTHING ! man this is great.

Thanks you for your knowledges and your services.

Cheerfully, Bart a.k.a. DJ Tolentino

geposted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:32 pm
No problem. Enjoy mixing!

geposted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 12:52 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)