Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: crossfader killing bass

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi

could someone give an idiot personal instruction on how to kill bass from one deck to the other on a keyboard short cut using home key & end key on a lappy, hope you understand what i mean and if you do, does it work ok and will this bring video crossfader across at the same time...thanks

Tayla

geposted Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 6:20 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Tayla

Dun koe if u meant to kill bass when transition from one song to other.. This could be done by creating the shortcut on ur keyboard:)

U wanna use the home key n end key rite for the kill bass function. Well u could perhaps try this n it werks

go to config, go to keyboards shortcuts, press add, then u will see numerous actions for u add to be ur shortcuts. go to equaliser>>kill bass then at the top of u pressed ur home key n set it to deck 1. if u wanna set it temporary, tick the momentary box. click ok

Repeat the above but this time press ur end key n set to deck 2. And wola.. u have ur shortcut already:) and u could kill the bass while crossfading it.. home=deck 1, end=deck 2.. i hope this is wat u meant .. And also u could chance ur crossfader behavior n crossfader there too.. All the best n sorry if i wrong about wat u meant:) or perhaps u do already koe abt this..

Cheers n best regards:)
(i was really sleepy rite now n hope i read this rite:P..it 630am at here,..hehe)

geposted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 12:27 am
thanks spinna for the reply was out till 3am gig'n, will try out your instructions on monday when i've got some free time and will get back to you on the results thanks again for your help...

Tayla

geposted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 8:42 pm
did i mention you were talking to an idiot spinna, did the above and of course did something wrong only got the functions to pitch bend on right deck and nothing on right deck lol, so what did i do wrong, if you or anybody else have loads of patience can you guide this idiot through the process again or point out what i may have done wrong this is what i did to get it all wrong :- opened shortcuts pressed addselected equaliser, kill bass, selected deck 1, chose home key for deck 1, pressed ok, selected yes, repeated process for deck 2.

i'll try and explain a bit clearer what i'm trying to achieve i use formats mix labv1.2 as my preferred skin because i try to play videos as much as i can so need to get the crossfader to pull the video over at the same time i'm changing decks as well as dropping the bass, plus i would like to assign the arrow keys as deck1/deck2 start stop keys press once to start and again to stop hope that explains it, so are these functions available or am i just being an idiot and should just go out and spend some dosh...prefer not to, lol

thanks for any help...

Tayla

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:36 pm
hey tayla, u not an idiot:)

I at werk rite now, maybe ltr at home will try to do in photoshop the graphic explain it clearer:P. n post in ma blog lastest by tomorrow night. n will pm u once it ready:)I could explain the above guide abt how to use the shortcuts that i mention .. hmm abt the video thing i would assume u use the crossfader as normal n just want to kill the bass while transition to other deck, well it possible.. u just have to set it rite:)

I dun koe how to put pics in pm or at here.. hehe (I an idiot too.. :P)

And someone else can also help u along the way:)

Cheers..

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:43 pm
thanks for taking the time spinna, much appreciated, popping out to office now back about 6pm gmt...cheers

Tayla

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:49 pm
ok done, check ur PM

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:22 pm
cheers spinna gonna check it out now, will let you know the results later...

Tayla

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:09 pm
Hope that will help n hope that what u lookin for, btw u can create a lot of shortcuts not only for that, just give it a try:).. post back if u have any problem or PM me. Thanks

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)