Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Forum Cleaner Tool for Users

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi VDJ Team

While surfing on the forums I met a lot of topics which may can be closed c.q. removed, depends on how interesting they are.
As people could add a topic on a forum by themself, it could be handy to also add a kind of tool so users can mark their own topic to be closed c.q. removed. For moderators and forum-users this would be very welcome I think.

Also it could be handy if forum-users could modify their own message themselves in case the topic c.q. reply was described incorrect or is incomplete. This option would avoid posting twice the same topic c.q. reply which needs just a small correction or so.
(Me myself in particular would have used these options a lot when at first posting message's c.q questions to the forums...lol)

Regards

geposted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 12:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ikbenliebrand - Like I mentioned to you in another post, people need to learn to restrain their enthusiasm in what they are talking about or wanting to communicate. I am glad you find this forum a great place to share your opinion about the product. But, for not owning a licensed copy your posts (though intriging) extreme and in some text border line on the side of demanding. I think you need to slow down and purchase a copy so you can be listed as a licensed user.

Even though people register they are not entitled to features as you describe for a reason. And, as I already mentioned - restraint is better.

geposted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 8:17 am
You're completly right, and I already apologized and explained this earlier to you at another topic (hope u found it). Again: I'm sorry and it wount happen again.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:18 am
@cstoll
Just 1 more important question please, if allowed:
I'm no native English speaker and therefore some typical English expressions can be hard for me to understand. Can you please explain the meaning of this one: 'in some text border line on the side of demanding'.

It depends on what the meaning is exacly, otherwise hopefully you will give both a translation and example. It's important for me to know exacly on what I'm reacting.
(you may post it to my email adress, as this is not the place to handle those things.)

Renato

(PS The last two weeks I was sitting home being sick, gettting very bored and things went way out of hand with my posts. So that's why. I hope you'll understand.)

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 2:42 am
First I don't have your e-mail , because e-mail by No License Users is not allowed on the forum.

Second, to explain your question -- "in some text border line on the side of demanding" -- because of the way you say some things it sounded like you are demanding or pushing to have your ideas implemented. Being forceful.

That is why I said people need to slow down and think about what they are saying before they say it. Because sometimes it gets said wrong and can be taken the wrong way.

cstoll

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 2:49 am
@cstoll
Definitely it must have been some misunderstanding due to the fact that I'm no native English speaker, and because of my enthousiasm at first.
I can guarantee you so cause I'm not like that at all.

I now have noticed too that this topic is incomplete, but that the idea as I described (Cleaner Forum Tools for Users) absolutely wount affect any safety & security aspect.
So right now I'm not happy with it as it is described and could be read here by others.

Renato

geposted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 3:21 am
keep in mind if the forums were cleaned of old threads, people would ask what has already been answered in another thread repeatedly.

the moderators do a good enough job keeping duplicate threads from happening.
as a User we already have all the needed features for the website. just mark all threads as read, and your set.

geposted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 8:41 am
@101010101
Thank u 4 the answer. But like I mentioned before, the idea for the 'Cleaner Forum Tools for Users' now is not described properly. If it would be appreciated I'll post the right description. For now I'll just wait to do so in order to not create anymore confusion about this topic.

Meanwhile I just have 2 other questions:
1- As mentioned by 101010101 about 'mark all threads as read': can someone please tell me how that can be done? Or is it meant like making a note of it on a paper or so?

2- Can someone please tell me if there is a way to find back topics for when, for example, forgotten about where and which topic was written. So I wonder if searching for topics is possible by using the author-name or so, so you can get a list of all topics just of yourself or another author?

Renato

geposted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 9:25 pm
Renato -- as I said before there are options available for LICENSED users. You are not a licensed user so you don't have certain abilities on the forum.

This is not going to change.

Thank you,

cstoll

geposted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 10:12 pm
@cstoll

I'm really so sorry about this. But my first question was based on the earlier answer of 101010101 about how some things could be done
without mentioning it is available only for LICENSED users. Otherwise of course I wouldn't even have mentioned it!

My second question was a mistake, thinking that the 'search' option might have been available for all users. I was only thinking of it
as it works with Inetrnet-banking etc.

PLEASE do not think I was begging you to changes things, that's of course absolutely not my intention!
They were just 2 honest questions! To me this topic now is history :-))
I hope you will all agree :-)

Thank you,

Renato

geposted Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 2:08 am
@101010101
For if you've noticed that I've mentioned your name in the here above: I'm the one to blame. Some misunderstanding, I just wanna make that clear :-)

Renato

geposted Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 3:10 am
After all I hereby would like to say that I somehow regret it the way this topic was started and continued. Some misunderstanding was caused by me by not explaining some things the right way.

So please let me know if there's anything I can do to avoid that this thread might be continued the wrong way. Though I consider this topic as closed, as I started it I feel kind of responsible for it and the way it might be continued.

Renato

geposted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 11:07 am
Not to be rude but OMG, register your product already and stop with the SPAM! This forum is like any other forum, sometimes you have to do a search for a past topic if you want to read it again and sometimes that involves a little trial and error. There is no forum that magically reads your mind and knows the exact topic you're searching for. And if you do a search by author you might shorten your search somewhat but it still involves a little work on your part to find the exact thread. Besides, it's not like this is the Xbox forum with 30,000 threads. This forum is fairly small and it shouldn't be all that hard to find a past thread. I will say this though, your command of the english language seems good. There's a lot of people on this forum who's first language is english and I can't understand what the hell they're talking about half the time.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 12:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)