Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Forum out of date?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is it just me or does everyone else think this forum could do with an update?

Personally I think being able to have it email me on-reply to a post is really useful! Also I wish I could find my posts more easily!

Come on VDJ team, give it an overhaul, those free nukePhP scripts are way better than this! (For an example of a modern forum design, check http://www.neowin.net/forum/ )

Cheers

Bill.

geposted Sat 23 Oct 04 @ 11:02 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
First of all, we'll never install a ready-to-use forum like phpnuke for many technical and security reasons.

We don't send automatic mails because more and more mail servers consider that like spam. For example, AOL and HOTMAIL have already installed automatic spam filters that automatically block our mails.

Personnaly I don't think this forum is oudated, but if you have good ideas, feel free to post them.

geposted Sat 23 Oct 04 @ 11:07 am
A few ideas to make the forum a little easier to use:

- A search function that can search trough all the forums instead of the search field on top of the page with the topics

- A link to every page of a topic after the topic name

- As mentioned a few times before: an e-mail notification on a response to a topic would be pretty handy

- A preview option so you can look at the lay out of a post before actually posting it

Hope you think about these suggestions.

geposted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 4:44 pm
Yeah, I second all of those requests. Also , the ability to see the rest of the posts whilst you write a new one, + a 'quick reply' box down the bottom would be handy.

A 'threadminder' so I can see at a glance all the forums I'm participating would also save me loads of time.

Cheers

Bill.

geposted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 2:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)