Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Losing VGA output

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So here's the scenario - I asked about this 2 weeks ago and got an answer from a few forum members, but after last nights gig i see different.
I worked along side another CUE user last night and we set up both our laptops side by side, both running audio and video. To go back and forth from set up to set up we ran both video cards through a KVM switch. The reason for the 2 laptops was so that while one was playing music the oher could be loading pictures taken throughout the night and getting a slide show ready. the goal is to have no blank screen, kinda like the no dead air rule.
Now for the problem. Whenever i switched away from my laptop to give him control of the screens my laptop would sort of know that there was no longer a VGA device connected to it and CUE would start freaking out, locking up and acting funny. I would then have to restart the software while the KVM was switched back to me and reconfigure everything.
The weird thing about it all is that my friends laptop when switched away from kept running fine. It never acted up or shut down or hiccuped.
Is there anyone here that is running 2 setups with a KVM and experiencing the same issues, or better yet not and knows what i am doing wrong ?
FYI - My friend is running a Dell inspiron with XP and a older Nvidia card, i believe the 7600 . I am running a ASUS G2S A1 with Vista and and nvidia 8600 M GT
Any help would be great. I normally work on my own but with a similar set up of 2 systems for the same purpose and would appreciate any help with my issues
Thanks alex

geposted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 6:32 pm
Anyone ?

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 3:39 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I gave you an answer I thought. And please next time find your original post and bump it up.

Your computer doesn't like being disconnected from the video source, once the disconnect occurs your laptop is dis-engaging the 2nd video output on your laptop. Try it without VirtualDJ running what happens when you toggle the feed away from you and to the other computer. Does the same problem occur with the video not re-engaging ?

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 4:16 am

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 5:37 am

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 6:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djphenominal wrote :
I actually solved it. For anyone using vista and having the same issues as i go to the following link, it shows what i did to solve my problem.
Thanks again, Alex

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938411/en-us

So it was as I suggested, except it wasn't hardware - it was O/S.

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 4:03 pm
Yes, the almighty VISTA.

Thanks you cstoll

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 9:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)