Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop stolen :(

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Dj AlkiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey guys had my laptop stolen :( with virtual dj program installed anyway you guys can disable it? Have changed my username password.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 3:48 am
That's a bummer, but you just reminded me of something. I have LoJack for my laptop. However, I have all the info I would need, tucked away in a drawer. I need to put that info into my PDA, so I will have it on me, if I get ripped off.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:59 am
damn bro that sucks,how did you get it stolen?? at a gig or something? be extra carefull nextime bro

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:20 am
LoJack great investment :). sux to hear that happend, thieves been jacking DJ equipment hardcore in my area,
eventually i'll get LoJack, but for now i guess my conceal and carry permit and my Glock is my anti-theft system until then lol

get a backup copy of VDJ going, the reg key thing i guess takes forever to fix but can be fixed.

just 2 weeks ago a friend got his external HD jacked, and a few flight cases, he had LoJack and got his stuff back and caught the basterd :)

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:38 am
101010101 wrote :
LoJack great investment :). sux to hear that happend, thieves been jacking DJ equipment hardcore in my area,
eventually i'll get LoJack, but for now i guess my conceal and carry permit and my Glock is my anti-theft system until then lol

get a backup copy of VDJ going, the reg key thing i guess takes forever to fix but can be fixed.

just 2 weeks ago a friend got his external HD jacked, and a few flight cases, he had LoJack and got his stuff back and caught the basterd :)

it must feel great to catch the bastard who caused damage.

just to be there and catch somone in the act, then stick a pencil in his ear and push it in deep and watch him wine and cry like a little girl, then kick him while hess down.

ukh, those bastards,

sorry to hear you got your equip stolen. :( bummer.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:15 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That suck man, i do hope u have put windows passwerd so that bastard (hope not IT based person) will not get to access to it...

Sorry to hear this man:(

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:22 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:10 pm
A laptop can be lost or stolen, my suggestion is that for any private info you use TrueCrypt to encrypt it www.truecrypt.org

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 3:16 pm
or put a bios/boot password on it :) no chance in hell that someone can open it up then :P well..if theý know what they´re doing they could..but then they have to open up the lappy and short the cmos( to reset all bios info )

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 3:41 pm
pjotreHome userMember since 2007
talking about truecrypt: did anyone try to put all the mp3s into a truecrypt container?

would be interesting...

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 5:20 pm
Don't be too worried, this place is full of stupid people! See the posts like :-

"I have a cracked copy of VDJ and need someone to send me plugins"

or

"I need a crack for VDJ, please send me at email address *****@****"

Just keep your eyes open for :-

"I stole a laptop with VDJ and i need a serial"

;o)

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:35 pm
TopHouse wrote :
Don't be too worried, this place is full of stupid people! See the posts like :-

"I have a cracked copy of VDJ and need someone to send me plugins"

or

"I need a crack for VDJ, please send me at email address *****@****"

Just keep your eyes open for :-

"I stole a laptop with VDJ and i need a serial"

It must be something they are putting in the water, because I don't remember there being so many stupid people. Maybe it's the technology that brings them to the forefront.

;o)

It must be something they are putting in the water, because I don't remember there being this many stupid people before. Maybe it's the technology that's bringing them to the forefront.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@ AMAHM,

That's because your spending far too much time in the VIP lounge, sipping fine wine and smoking cuban cigars, you think your something else don't you? :).

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:19 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Bagpuss wrote :
@ AMAHM,

That's because your spending far too much time in the VIP lounge, sipping fine wine and smoking cuban cigars, you think your something else don't you? :).

lol Bagpuss ;-)

hehehe

Kaoz

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 5:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)