Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ, MK2 and DJ8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJKosmoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thought I would pass on what I have learned over the past year with a couple of the popular DJ products on the market.

First off I bought a Hercules MK2 that I have been pretty much frustrated with since day one. I even bought the Pro version of VDJ and the software is excellent. I have not been able to do much with the MK2 due to a hissing problem and being generally unstable. Note that I purchase a brand new HP laptop at the same time that I bought the MK2. So I had the latest and greatest so to speak generation laptop at the time. I had also purchased the VDJ time code vinyl as well. Extremely bad latency using the MK2 so as you can guess I have been very disappointed with the MK2.

I wanted to get a different sound card and this is where my dilemma arose. Having already invested the money in VDJ I did not want to buy another software package, however I was worried about whatever I bought not working with VDJ. I finally decided to buy Traktor Scratch with the DJ8 sound card. I figured that if VDJ did not work with the DJ8 I would have a brand new software solution that came with the DJ8. Here is what I did to install the DJ8.

-uninstalled all MK2 drivers
-disabled my onboard sound card
-downloaded the DJ8 windows drivers (http://www.native-instruments.com/in...id=freeupdates)
-double clicked the self executing drivers from NI, the install ran flawlessly
-the install prompted me to connect the DJ8 and I did, install finshed fine
-launched VDJ(internal mixer mode to keep things simple)and went to the config screen
-selected outputs 5/6 for my speakers and 7/8 for my headphones
WALA! It works perfectly!!!! no hiss, no muss or fuss.....happy camper so far

-closed VDJ
-went to windows ctrl panel and then sound properties
-DJ8 alreay the default sound card--great
-picked outputs 5/6 and closed
-fired up windows media player and it plays flawlessly thru the DJ8
-again I am a happy camper

So at this point all I can say is that you get what you pay for, The DJ8 is an incredible piece of equipment so far. Hooking up my turntables and time code comes next.

I would highly recommed the DJ8 to anyone, as I was up and running in under 1/2 hr and rock solid so far.
I will post my findings withe turntables and VDJ time codes next. Once that is working I will fire up the Traktor scratch program and give it a whirl. VDJ is also top notch and would also recommend this software package as well.

PS
Since I first typed this info I have had virtual DJ playing in auto mix mode while I am at work for the past 4 hrs and VDJ and the DJ8 are working flawlessle!

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 8:58 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice to hear that:)...will be more options for me... to choose new soundcard really soon... dj8, connectiv, NVV, maya ..........:)

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 9:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)