Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VERY IMPORTANT: external hard drive users...?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So... in the manual it says that it is very important to have external drives attatched the first time you fire up VDJ. I'm not quite clear on this... What happens if you dont do this?... or what if your system changes? Say you replace your hard drive?

orange

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 5:00 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, if you read on... I talk about the Upgrade process having to read your prior version database and build the new 'split' databases. If you don't have the hard drives hooked up the 'VERY FIRST TIME' you launch VirtualDJ or CUE then this process is not performed - as some here already found out.

If you have never used v4.x then this is not an issue. I actually re-wrote the warning and submitted it to Numark for their manuals -- and it should already be part of the Rev2 download from here.

Revised statement:

"Also, if possible; you should have your COMPLETE gig ready computer setup connected before launching version 5 for the first time, so VirtualDJ can build the entire database based on the database from version 4.x."

cstoll

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 5:09 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yeah, just follow cstolls instructions & everything will be ok, and always make sure all external hd go back into the original ports from when you first installed...

Tayla

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 5:12 pm
ok. So this is just to ensure that data base info like playlist items etc. are mapped correctly, so browser searches work properly? If I change my system, I just have to purge the data base and start over, right? by change system I mean use different hard drive. I have 2 drives right now. One with videos and the other with music and karaoke. I dont always take both with me to a gig.

orange

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 7:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What are you talking about ? Changing your system? Please provide more ?

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 7:26 pm
I modified my last post....

geposted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 7:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)