Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A New Problem - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey TopHouse, don't think you had to go that far? Not sure what that error means.

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 2:55 am
It's not a major job when there's only the OS on C: HOWEVER

Reinstalld VDJ 5 r2, I can look on my other drives but if I try and recurse or add to search db then VDJ just closes abrubtly. Managed to get these though :-

Crash ID=000fcab8 (date=709190447, version=5.0 rev.2, build=502, thread=Main, dump=8f05ceca, excode=c0000005 (8,fcab8))

Crash ID=000fcab8 (date=709190447, version=5.0 rev.2, build=502, thread=Main, dump=8f05ceca, excode=c0000005 (8,fcab8))

Crash ID=000fcab8 (date=709190448, version=5.0 rev.2, build=502, thread=Main, dump=8f05ceca, excode=c0000005 (8,fcab8))

Starting to panic now as next gig is Friday.

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:07 am
OK, after formatting and reinstalling twice I can confirm the above as a repeatable bug, but I can't figure out why. On two installations i got exactly the same symptoms. Click on any media folder, either click 'recurse' or 'add to search db' and VDJ just shut itself down. So, tried another install, same problem, BUT this time, after I recreated the above a few times, I messed about with the browser settings. Switched from 'smart' to 'only from file name', set comments to 'don't read', tried a few different choices in the 'tags' tab, and it cured it! Go figure, I can now go back to the default settings and the above crash doesn't happen.

There is definitely something amiss in the way VDJ is handling that database.

So, now to see if the original crashes manifest again. ;o)

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:15 pm
i think i fix my problem it goes like this i swich frm no pwr usb hub to a pwr usb hub i conected all my hd (2) 500g (1) 80g (1) 60g
i have search , i have play wma , mp3 and videos for 3hrs and now on the web site still running vdj so far so good will see tonight at my gig if everything goes well

geposted Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 8:09 am
well i manage to lock up the program with in the first 5 min last night but tha was my fault had to much stuff going on at one time after that everything went well i rock the house with no problema (no problem for those no spanish speaking people) LOL so remember
if you are using a non pwr usb hub that could be one of the problem when you are doing search and the program freeezeeeeee get u a pwr usb hub that took care of my problem

geposted Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 5:00 pm
Back on topic.

I did a full format and reinstall on my C: drive, I've now done 2 nights on the trot and not had a problem, I will say though that my ass has been twitching a little as i keep expecting it to crash. I suppose i have to get my confidence back with it.

I do feel however that a major update as 5.0 was, it's not really good practice to simly install over the top, it does encourage those little glitches. This is a top spec system and until 5.0 it was rock solid and never let me down. So OK, it's a pain having to do it, but if the frustration gets too much, I'd suggest a format & reinstall to anyone who's having major problems since the update.

One major bonus is that since VDJ writes a database on each drive/partition that has media files, at least you won't have to go through all the analysing again.

At this point i'd like to thank Cstol for the amount of feedback he's given me reagrding all this, both on here and in private.

geposted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 7:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No problem TopHouse -- glad things are running again for you!!

cstoll

geposted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 11:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)