Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question About Virtual DJ - Page: 3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

But it is always good to see everyone back there favorite and number software!! We have a lot of fans! ... Everyone just showing there TEAM SPIRIT!

geposted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 2:23 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
EDIT by 101010101 his last post was just to start a flame war, he really needs to go outside more ;P

@Caliente123 lol nice TCV icon :))

@ everyone
i'd just ignore this guy,
it's obvious that he is basing this off either a limited demo and a paid "VDJ TCV" or
lmgdao Or a cracked "illegal" virus loaded version

as for supporting team spirit, heck yeah! ;) I <3 VDJ
Hey BTW we do Video without buying $200.00 plugin's :p i feel this thread is gonna get locked ASAP :) as it should ;)

geposted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 10:04 pm
Ok now I was reading all ur posts and I got interested! Maybe I can add some information to complete, to add, to make this point better since I'm from Europe and I only see you guys talking about NY and the US and the "World's better DJ's coming from NY" and those kind of stuff...

So this summer I've been to Chicago (Glenview) and what I saw realy surprised me. Actualy it was what I DID NOT see that surprised me! Seems that where u guys come from noone hears House/Techno or Club untill you are able to go out (which means 18 or 21 years old). In 3 weeks I only found ONE person able to give me informations about a professional DJ store, good bars and clubs where to go!!! Of corse, he was a DJ, otherwise he couldn't have known it I suppose... So after the mythical CUBS - L.A. game (11 - 1 final score =P) I headed to the Midwest Pro Sound store and it realy amazed me. Problem: Noone of my age in the US seemed to EVEN know what House music is!!! And that was weird for me because when I showed some ppl of my age House music I have on my iPod they were like "Wow, this is amazing!" LOL In fact I am fond of Club music since I am 15, which is when I first got out: me and 3/4 of the teenagers ALL OVER EUROPE! When I got 16 I got into the DJing world with VDJ and now, almost 2 years later, I can't live without it.

Since I started talking about VDJ I'd like to say that in this site, in these forums, I ALWAYS found what I come looking for... Opinions, suport, ideas, everything! And I doubt that there are any other softwares out there that can give you even HALF the help that moderators, pro users, and all the team has ever given to me... I must say a huge special THANK YOU to skyfxl, cstoll and DJ_In_Norway for all the help they gave to me. You realy must keep with the good work !!!

Now, about the US superiority complex about EVERYTHING, like, "everything here is THE WORLD'S LARGEST, HIGHEST, BETTER, OLDEST whatever in the World"! maybe I can give you some European DJ names that probably are on your playlists and are the musics that realy make the crowd bounce hein?! Like David Guetta, Joachim Garraud, Antoine Clamaran, Depeche Mode, Pete Tha Zouk, Bob Sinclar, Fedde Le Grand, Camille Jones, Chocolat Puma, David Vendetta... Funny isn't it?! They are all European. Not to talk about the big radio stations like Ministry of Sound or Radio FG and the worldwide night cities like Paris, Ibiza, London, Barcelona, Amsterdam, even my hometown LISBON, or Porto are awsome for the small country that Portugal is!!! So please don't (some of you) say that, Americans, have "the better DJ's or the better nights in the world" because that's realy lame. It's true you have amazing ppl, amazing cities, amazing artists, amazing events, but the US is not the only country in the world... About the material: just keep using whatever you like but don't say that BIIIIIIG DJ's "have to" use Serrato or VDJ, legal or ilegal musics, good or bad material because a DJ can only be measured by the work he does and how well he can attract the crowd.

As I keep saying to myself and I learned it from DJ Nutz, here in this site "SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND OPEN YOUR EARS!"

Cheers.
Tolentino

geposted Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 12:23 am
Dj Tolentino wrote :
Midwest Pro Sound

I live a few blocks away from that store. That place sucks. They are F'in scavengers. You said no one here new about HOUSE MUSIC? Thats weird, Chicago is where House was born. Right across the street from Midwest Pro is a world famous house record shop, its called Gramaphone. It would have been cool to check that joint out while you were here.

geposted Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 12:32 am
Yeah, probably that would be cool... Well maybe I was with the wrong ppl LOL but noone seemed to feel the same thing that I feel about going out, going to a club, etc., get home as dawn breaks u know what I mean? =P Well actualy they were pretty nice with me, I connected my iPod to a mixer and stayed there 4 a while, putting some european music in the middle of Chicago! LOOL I was even given a t-shirt from the store. Anyway even with this feeling I could have never got to a club, since I'm >21... =( That was a pitty because while I was there Fedde Le Grand went to Crobar or Smartbar and I'd have loved to go. Maybe next time...

geposted Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 12:41 am
seems I've pretty much closed this discussion? LOL

geposted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 2:45 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ's that use Midi controllers are more real than those who use timecode.., just a bump hehe.

geposted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 4:43 pm
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
DJ Cyder wrote :

Because they are paid to do so. You might not understand everything about marketing but its one thing that Rane does very well. These djs are givin the software to use why would they pay for something if they can get it for free. You can think what you want but the truth of the matter is most if not all of the djs are on the serato payroll.

I WISH I CAN POST THIS STATEMENT MILLIONS OF TIMES BECAUSE IT IS TRUE AND A FACT. AND CAN BE CONFIRMED!

Thanks Cyder!
So show us the proof.. I can sum up a serious number of points that makes Serato a better choice in a practical application like a club with a rotating DJ schedule. No doubt some DJs are endorsed by RANE/SSL, Atomix is free to do the same if they can pull it off..

VDJ is cool, works well in general and has a dedicated following and devteam. Serato does less, but does it better IMO.. Most DJs will be happy with a tool that replaces their record case and still allows the same feel and vibe they get when they lugged their crates around. IMO this is still where Serato is king and at the same time it is this what seems to elude most other software companies which seems to be set to cram as much features into their product.

Serato is simple, intuitive and easy to use in a multiple DJ environment like most clubs. You do not need to buy the software to setup your system, you can customize the recordcase as you like it without buying the software and when you come to the club you simply plug in your HD and teh system adapts itself to whatever you set it up to be, without a reset/restart or reboot.. seamless crossover from one DJ to the next.. Also it comes as an all-in-one package, no need to go out and buy extra stuff, it's all there including TCV/TCCD and cables. Who do you think many others now try to do the same.. Club owners want no hassle and no DJs f**ing up the both during opening hours by switching PCs/Audio interfaces and such.. Serato is the _only_ system which allows this and at the same time allows the above mentiond 'setup for each DJs individual needs' approach.. so it's a win-win for all

Sure VDJ does video, but most clubs where the big name DJs operate have separate VJs who do their own thing with software way better suited to their needs..

Finally I do not think the VDJ team is interested in the marketshare Serato has a lock on, their interest seem to be much more in the general purpose do-it-all DJs, mobile DJs and bedroom DJs.. which is fine and appears to work well for them..

geposted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 10:43 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sure SSL has done very well in that market, but I don't believe it's untouchable. VDJ may be the "jack of all trades, master at non" in a sense, but the Dev staff are dramatically improving all of its features one by one, so at least VDJ will be master of a few trades and jack at non.

geposted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 11:37 pm
Im Back. LOL. I didnt mean to affend anyone. I did notice that virtual dj is very popular outside the us and serato more in the us. I seen a mixer made by rane that has the built in interface for serato and it was awsome. It would be hot if virtual dj could make a mixer like that one also. My cousin has virtaul dj and he likes it alot. He is having trouble getting his interface to work well with the time codes i bought him as a gift

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 1:35 am
The biggest thing for me is VIDEO ! VDJ can do video, SSL can't. Yeah the SSL video release is 'coming' but its not here now. Since my purchase of Virtual Vinyl (VDJ) I have re-invented myself as a DJ. I started a new company (Visualize Chicago, which is beginning to build a buzz) and I currently have 3 all video residencies. If I stuck with SSL I'd be making alot less money.

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 2:01 am
Go to " Promo Only " Its a record pool for videos. They have alot good stuff

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 2:28 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)