Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Popping Sound w/numark 200 USB Soundcard Mixer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Popping and Crackiln sound from speakers and headphones using New NUMARK 200 usb soundcard mixer, Dell 1505 Computer, Numark Cue 5.0, and the New Numark DMC2 Controller. Was using GiGA Port Soundcard with Rane Mixer all with no problems...Must be the Soundcard in the Numark Mixer.....

What can be done...?

PS...I Isolated the ground........problem still there!

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 11:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What Soundcard did you select in the CUE Config->Sound Setup? DMX01 ?

What gain level are you running at on the actual mixer channels ? straight up? 1 o'clock?

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 12:50 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I had the same problems...until I selected gains always zero in the VDJ/CUE config page. I also run my DXM01usb gains at 11:00 position, and take a look at Sky's blog...make sure you are not running too many apps while mixing, I.E. anti-virus, wireless card.

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 7:37 pm
I would guess you got level problems somewhere like cstol and soundexpress seem to think as well... try running audio from other software to see if you still have the same problem. You should have gains at zero in VDJ (as already mentioned) Channel volumes high or maxed as well. ...In \"sounds and audio devices\" windows settings the \'USB Codec\'s\" volume device should me near maximum. Go to <speaker settings> <Advanced>\" (still in Windows audio settings) Speaker set up should be \"no speakers\".

Also make sure that any sound card processing such as EQ\'s or secondary volume etc is all bypassed. This is different for each sound card of course.

That should give you approximate optimized level from your PC. Now optimize levels on your mixer. Start with channel gain at minimum. Play something with narrow dynamic range from VDJ.(something like AC/DC - You Shook Me works fine) Activate \"PFL\" on the channel you are setting only. Make sure level meter setting is in PFL mode as well (not Master)

Now with music playing(you dont even need to hear it yet). turn the chanel gain up until the average level on the meters is close to 0dB (in the green).

Now set your channel and master faders on the mixer to unity level (indicated by the heavier white line on the CM200usb)

Then finally, turn your amp gains up until you have your desired average level. Now you have optimum gain structure. If you still get popping issue.. start cursing and throw something at a wall... that usually makes me feel better :) ...at least now you know its not a level issue.

orange

geposted Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 6:42 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)