Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac n Vista

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok so im not happy with the performance of VDJ on mac im going to put Vista on it through bootcamp i'm gona go with home premium, can anyone tell me what version to get either 32 bit or 64 bit? thank you chaz

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 3:56 pm
I am using XP Home with Bootcamp and my system is running very well. I had the XP disc from an old Dell. I was going to upgrade to Vista but figured since its working...might as well keep it and see how the Mac version turns out.

I know that Conquest and a few other are using Vista and they say it is working great!

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:46 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Perhaps ver 5.0 for mac will help?

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 6:22 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
... can anyone tell me what version to get either 32 bit or 64 bit? thank you chaz

It depends on what Intel chipset your MacBook has, 32-bit (Yonah) or 64-bit (Merom).

What's the speed of your MacBook's processor?

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 10:01 pm
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Charlie Wilson wrote :
Ok so im not happy with the performance of VDJ on mac im going to put Vista on it through bootcamp i'm gona go with home premium, can anyone tell me what version to get either 32 bit or 64 bit? thank you chaz

I was going to ask the same question, this is my new Laptop
Mac Book Pro 15''
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1440 x 900 resolution
2GB memory
160GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM
I want to install windows, but I don't know wich one XP, vista 32, 64 bits
Conquest what do you recomend?
Thanks in advance

geposted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 7:29 am
fremdj wrote :
I want to install windows, but I don't know wich one XP, vista 32, 64 bits
Conquest what do you recomend?

You have a 64-bit processor fremdj, so take advantage of it and install the 64-bit version of vista.

geposted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:32 pm
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
great I will thanks.

geposted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:43 pm
I have the latest macbook i think santa rosa 2.4 169gb 256mb etc do i get 64 bit vista also just want to double check.

i dont want to get XP for it as its out of date already i will only be a matter of time before new programs dont work on it properly.

thanks for the replys

geposted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 10:25 pm
Charlie Wilson-

You have a 64-bit procesor as well, so install 64-bit vista.

Also, definitely install vista instead of xp because vista handles video much better.

geposted Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:07 am
Thanks alot guys

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 8:23 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mk2 doesnt work on 64 bit btw if ur planning to use that,

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 2:52 pm
does the serato sl1 box work for vista 64 bit... my last resort this week was to install vista via bootcamp yesterday and i just noticed that the mk2 console isn't working (well the mouse does, but that's it). Thats ok because at the club, they use serato and technics 1200's for input... if i load the updated drivers now, will it work when i connect it?

btw i orded two timecoded vinyl records on friday, when do you think I will receive them and is there a way to do rush shipping? (i dj on thursday nights)

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 7:33 am
they currently do not support 64 bit either ,
to get the 32 bit vista drivers you need to download the latest version of stratch live

as to TCV they do come very rapidly in the usa ,

please note to use them on them on the actual mac version you must have virtual vinyl currently hopefuly this will change in the future :)

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 9:26 am
thanks for the quick response, but the question wasnt really answered

i have 32 and 64 bit vista (bootcamp) and want to use it at the club this thursday. i'm not going to be using serato, i'll be using numark cue 5.0 for windows vista

i want to know if serato box (just the interface/sound card/sl1) will work for the tcv on either installation of windows vista? will it work and which one do i need?

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 10:34 am
use the 32 bit , version
and it should be ok :)

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 1:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)