Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Xponent - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the progress and volume leds are a work in progress as they are waiting for maudio to supply an sdk for them

the other features work fine :)

geposted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 9:34 pm
MumpiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is it possible to combine the native mapper with the personal midi mapping in a way?
Would be nice to have the led-features and the personal layout.

Another question ... can the switch from scratch to cueing mode via this "finger button" be mapped in the midi layout too?
If so, how can this be done?

geposted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 9:47 pm
i would avise you to use that native support is is largely based on the midi map any ways

the finger button changes between stratch and jog yes

geposted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 9:52 pm
I will give it a try, but my question was if you can assign the finger button in a regular midi map to do the same thing as in the native mapper now?

geposted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 10:05 pm
mooashHome userMember since 2007
I think the point here is that I don't want to fork out for a Pro Edition only to find out the Xponent does not work! Why can't we be provided with a demo version to test it with!!!? Perhaps VDJ are not confident it works.

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 12:55 pm
demo of the updates will be published in the future ,

this support was only published yesturday

so it takes a little time to make a demo :)

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 1:33 pm
mooash wrote :
I think the point here is that I don't want to fork out for a Pro Edition only to find out the Xponent does not work! Why can't we be provided with a demo version to test it with!!!? Perhaps VDJ are not confident it works.

I can say that the Xponent works now, with the scratching and cueing feature selectable. As I'm not a scratching DJ, I can't tell you how good the scrating actually is, but I looked/felt good ... far better as I could have assigned it manually in the midi mapping.
The only thing that is not fully supported as by now is the LEDs, some work, some not. Basiscally only the progess-LEDs, levelmeter-LEDs and the Beat-Flashing of an active deck is not working. The others work and some do react to active/nonactive states.

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 4:34 pm
Mooash I just don't get it we are telling you that 90% it works we are telling you what does not work,but yet you spend the money on a contrpller that was designed for torq software that comes with it so use that software if you want it to work 100%........................

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 5:58 pm
skyfxl wrote :
the progress and volume leds are a work in progress as they are waiting for maudio to supply an sdk for them

the other features work fine :)

If I may read between the lines on this ... it means that the current state will be the final one.
I mean, how realistic is it that maudio will supply a SDK for the Xponent ?!? This is not going to happen (just IMHO) !!!

Hopefully one of the skilled members will supply a fully working mapper in the near future!

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 8:44 pm
nothing is ever final in life

the progress lights dont use midi

they use some sort ofhardware protocal which no other software except torq can generate , not traktor , not pcdj , not mixvibes , not sll ect

until maudio shares the details , which they have said they will do

it is a an anoyance granted but it will get sorted :)

even if i have to turnup banging on maudios front door

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 8:50 pm
at least they said they will share the details, thats a bit of good news ;)

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 10:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
skyfxl wrote :
even if i have to turnup banging on maudios front door

Well I don't live too far from M-Audio's UK office LOL!

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 1:12 am
good we can go knock down their door some time then:)

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 9:49 am
very big progress since REV4 . the jog wheels work just fine but... WHAT ABOUT THE STOP BUTTON ??? it's only a cue button and you can't stop the song with it. if i got the cue wrong and i wanna get to the beginning of the song i have to use the mouse or the keyboard. it doen't make sense 'cause i bought a midi controller not to have to use the keyboard anymore except for searching mp3s. this error should be fix i think. and the inverted pitch, doesnt make sense also.

geposted Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 3:09 am
I second that & also can the native mapper be use & at the same time costum remap it ????????????????????

geposted Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 2:35 pm
Can someone confirm that ?

I saw yesterday a guy playing with Xponent & VDJ 5 rev 5
and he confirms me that the mapper continues with problem

a example

- The CUE knob doesn´t work (it´s setted for VOLUME against CUE/MIX option)
- If you press CUE in "play" mode..you dont "back" to cue...explaining..the button is not configured to CUE/STOP..only to CUE
- You cant re-mapper ANY command.

Anyone confirms that ?

I dont care about the lights/level meter
But , for my reading here , the atomix release 2 or 3 versions...and always have a problem ?
That´s so frustating for those who have the professional copy and cause me a a kind of fear to buy this now...
More fear than use TORQ ! :(

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 5:36 pm
I have written an extended DLL mapper for VDJ that implements/fixes quite a few things. I've been working with a couple of other users to beta test it, I've got a few final tweaks to make and I should be ready to make a 0.1 beta release - the hardest part by far is working out how to use the sampler/effect panel in the best and friendliest way!

With any luck I will have the public beta version ready this evening.

I've been using it myself the last couple of weeks, with control over samples, audio/video effects/transitions, browser control, cues, loops etc... without any issues :)

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 5:55 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I have written an extended DLL mapper for VDJ that implements/fixes quite a few things. I've been working with a couple of other users to beta test it, I've got a few final tweaks to make and I should be ready to make a 0.1 beta release - the hardest part by far is working out how to use the sampler/effect panel in the best and friendliest way!

With any luck I will have the public beta version ready this evening.

I've been using it myself the last couple of weeks, with control over samples, audio/video effects/transitions, browser control, cues, loops etc... without any issues :)

YEAH, sounds great !!!
I can confirm that the mapper works flawlessly as I'm one of the lucky beta testers!
Lucky me ;)

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 6:03 pm
Don't know that being subjected to my dodgy coding makes you lucky LOL!

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 6:05 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Don't know that being subjected to my dodgy coding makes you lucky LOL!

But it truely does! ;)

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 6:17 pm
52%