Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sluggish Performance After Simple Commands

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

This bug happened three times so far, after doing the work-around for the feature I want in this thread. The loading times for each folder no matter how many folders it had inside was about 8 seconds. I am trying to replicate it now with the exact steps. Even VirtualDJ took 8 seconds to close when it usually exits immediately.

I was constantly trying to do the work-around explained here. I was left-clicking folders, expanding and collapsing the folders, that is how I get it to happen. I am going to try to record a video now.

geposted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 8:10 pm
Update: Here is the video. Sorry for the video being long and boring (the video was made for the developers), but it took me about 3 minutes for the bug to occur. Hopefully I included all of the steps to help resolve the bug. It seems to only effect the Tree View and not VirtualDJ's music performance. When I start making circles with my mouse that is when I noticed that the bug reared its ugly head. For the last few demonstrations of the bug I do not make circles with my mouse just in case the mouse causes it. I noticed that the CPU meter freezes as well as the bug is occurring, but it also occurs during the normal 2 second pause when the video first started.

The yellow circle highlights my cursor, the red circle shows when I left-click and the blue circle shows when I right-click.

VirtualDJ 5.0.4

geposted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 8:58 pm

Not sure I completely understand...

Seems you have Recurse on, and give the large main folder a hard beating to try to make it "think for a second" :)

And that folder seems to be a large beast too... If you are constantly clicking that folder on off on off on off , like you do, you might get a little hessitation at some part, as the recurse process is working in the backgroud, just as you try to trigger it again.

Not sure if it qualifies to be called a bug, since you intentionally give the three view a hell of a time ;) hehe..

But will be tested, maybe there are room for some smoother display there

geposted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 2:44 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have so many factors here as DJ-in-Norway points out.

Refreshing of the Cover Flow for every click on a folder - needs to read XML
Updating the File Browser panel with information - needs to read XML
Also, if you have the ID3Tags Enabled, Artist-Title Enabled, Comments Enabled - needs to verify the XML has the appropriate data from the ID3Tags - drive access reading

I think you are taking things to far to the extreme as you are doing things 'extremely' out of the Normal level of use. So the thing I would be extremely happy that you are not Crashing the system and be happy the it is only Sluggish.

geposted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 3:13 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
Seems you have Recurse on, and give the large main folder a hard beating to try to make it "think for a second" :)

It happened too when I clicked on the smaller folders, like the "Scratching" folder which only has about 20 files in it. That is when I knew I was running into issues.

dj-in-norway wrote :
And that folder seems to be a large beast too... If you are constantly clicking that folder on off on off on off , like you do, you might get a little hessitation at some part, as the recurse process is working in the backgroud, just as you try to trigger it again.

Thing is, that it works so well at the start. Only about 2 seconds for ~6000 files.

I do have all of the ID3 tag reading options enabled.

Please note that when exiting VirtualDJ after this "bug" occurs it takes about 8 seconds instead of the usual 1 second. Maybe there is a memory leak?

I do like to work very fast since I make a living off computers and I am constantly on one. I also tend to be a beta tester. Can you tell? :-) I have done it for numerous companies, video games, applications. That is why I do extreme action sometimes and it explains my attention to detail.
:-)

geposted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)