Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MK2 power problem since 5rev4

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am not saying it IS related, but this problem started the moment I upgraded to 5rev4 (32bit Vista, Toshiba Tecra M7 laptop). Upgraded from 5rev2.
It now seems to me that the hercules does not get enough juice from the USB (I could be severly wrong here diagnosis wise). I get crackles in the sound, much like an unearthed turntable if you take away the hum - but worse. And the green LEDs on the MK2 dips when a next LED (for instance one of the red ones) lit up. Havn´t changed anything in the wiring set up. Is running one external HD via Firewire, but the MK2 is the only USB device.
I´m thinking about getting an AC adaptor to power the MK2 tomorow, but it would be a pity as I havn´t needed one previously.

geposted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:25 pm
Well, obviously it was not related to VDJ. Got a self powered USB Hub today (one luxury model with status LEDs and everything) and the sound is now fine, but the Audio Source LED is still dipping when the red Auto Beat button lits up. Not that I care now when the audio is fine.
Had another funky moment today; Started VDJ 5rev4, loading a song and I press paly on the MK2, now the song plays at an extremely high speed. The full song is played in maybe 1,5 seconds. Same thing on the other deck.
I reinstalled both VDJ and the hercules drivers and now everything is fine with that too. Wha A Gwaan? As they say in jamaica.

geposted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)