Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TimeCode & DAC-3?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok looking for some information here. Just been contacted to cover a club job tonight at one of the hot spots in town which is good.
I know that the only playback gear they have is 2 CDJ-1000 MK2.
Space is tight so I'll be taking my MacBook Pro, as much as I would have liked to use V5 for Mac we know that's not possible so I'm gonna use 4.3 under bootcamp.

I always use the DAC-3 to control VDJ normally but I've never used TC before.
I've made up a couple of Pro TimeCode CD's and have checked that they work and configured it with the Maya 44 USB and everything seems to be going well, but it could take me a while to get used to.

I'm thinking about taking the DAC-3 as well for the advanced functions I get with that (although I'll need to find somewhere to place it first.

What I want to know is: Will the DAC-3 and TC work together at the same time? Can I have them both configured at the same time?
I only ask because I don't physically have it in front of me just now at work.

Thanks in advance,
Ross.

geposted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:09 pm
Yes, the DAC-3 will work alongside timecode (Other controllers will do too.) If the timecode is in smart or relative mode, loops, cues, etc. can be triggered from the DAC-3 too.

If you are using the DAC-3 mapper, you can enable timecode control and timecode bypass using SHIFT+R and CP+R

geposted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 8:12 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jpboggis wrote :

If you are using the DAC-3 mapper, you can enable timecode control and timecode bypass using SHIFT+R and CP+R

i didn't know that, cool :D

geposted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 10:21 pm
@ JPBOGGIS

Thanks for the response, unfortunately I'd left the house by the time you posted that.
Got the TC setup at the club no problem...this was the first time I had used TC and first thing I noticed that the scratch is so much more accurate than with any other form of control. It was set in smart mode but it didn't seem to work too well with the DAC-3 enabled. It was almost as if it kept hovering over a certain point floating back and forwards over the same beat.
In the end I decided to resort back to just the DAC-3. I'd like to play about with TC a bit more as I'll hopefully be doing a lot more club work soon and it seems like the most obvious option. Sadly I don't own a set of CDJ's so it's hard for me to test and practice beforehand.

Thanks for your help though.

Ross.

geposted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 4:00 pm
It's a shame that you can't play around with it while at home. The DAC-3 should work fine with timecodes, or atleast it did when I last used it that way. When timecodes are enabled, you will not be able to use the DAC-3 to control the music (Only cues, loops, effects, samples, etc.) If you want to switch back to DAC-3 control, you must disable the timecode first using timecode_active (SHIFT+R and CP+R control timecode active and bypass (For playing normal CD's/records) when using the DAC-3 mapper.)

geposted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 9:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)