Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Genre not read with ID3V2.4

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've already reported this bug but will explain on more time with detailed intruction on how to reproduce

Problem: take a tag editor like mp3tag (mp3tag.de) or foobar2000 (foobar2000) and if you configure them to write ID3v2.4 tags,
and mofify the genre field, VDJ won't read the updated genre and will display an empty string for the genre instead.

How to reproduce, using mp3tag:

- configure mp3tag to write ID3V2.4: go to Extras/Options/Tag/Mpeg and check ID3V2.4 UTF8.
- load a file and change the genre field to some test value and save the tag (CTRL+S)
- in VDJ hit File Info/Reload Tag (you'll have to select the modified file + another one since the File Info submenu does not display with just one file selected) to reread the updated tag
- Select the file and do "File Info" in the context menu to display the popup info box and you'll see the genre is empty.

This bug seems to specific to the genre field. I tried modifying the date field and VDJ got the updated value fine.
Also this does not happen if mp3tag is configured to write ID3V2.3 tag.
Exact same thing happen with foobar2000 for tagging instead of mp3tag

Please dev team, consider fixing this small bug which is probably trivial to fix. It's driving me mad because I need ID3V2.4 for all my files because I'm using custom tags for other purposes, and I can't get VDJ to read most genre field.

geposted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 11:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)